* Dollar General to sponsor Reed Sorenson and the Chicagoland NNS race: This weekend Dollar General will play a duel sponsor role by adorning the Toyota Camry driven by Reed Sorenson and by serving as title sponsor of the Nationwide Series race...
* Dollar General to sponsor Reed Sorenson and the Chicagoland NNS race: This weekend Dollar General will play a duel sponsor role by adorning the Toyota Camry driven by Reed Sorenson and by serving as title sponsor of the Nationwide Series race at Chicagoland Speedway. The Dollar General 300 Powered by Coca-Cola action kicks off at 8:00 p.m. ET on Friday night.
Sorenson! Reed will also be signing autographs at the 10th Annual Joliet Race Fan Rally on Thursday, July 8 from 6:30 -- 7:30 p.m. ET at the Nationwide Insurance mobile display.
* Sorenson returns to the Windy City! It has been three years since Sorenson has raced a Nationwide Series car at the Joliet, Illinois-based speedway. He made his debut at the track in July, 2005, earning a 10th-place finish and leading for 30 laps. He logged his career best start of fourth in July, 2006. He also claimed his best finish of eighth in the 2006 event. In three starts, he has never finish outside of the top-15.
* Chassis #054 is heads to Chicago! This weekend, the Dollar General team heads to Chicagoland Speedway with car #54. This chassis was last seen on track at Kentucky Speedway in June, when Sorenson started seventh and finished fifth. The car made its track debut this season at Charlotte Motor Speedway in May.
* The Dollar General team is SIXTH in the Nationwide Series Championship Owner's Points.
Sorenson on Chicagoland Speedway:
"I'm looking forward to this weekend's Nationwide Series race at Chicagoland. The track surface is starting to age and when these mile-and-a-halfs age, the racing keeps getting better and better. We are definitely looking forward to putting the bad luck we had in Daytona behind us and to getting the Dollar General Toyota running where it belongs, up front. Our sponsor, Dollar General is also the title sponsor of this weekend's Nationwide Series race at Chicagoland. Everyone at DG has been great to work with this year and I can't think of anything better than to drive the Dollar General car into victory lane for the Dollar General 300 [Powered by Coca-Cola]!"
-source: braun racing