* The Dollar General 300 powered by Coca-Cola will mark Brian Vickers third Nationwide Series start at Chicagoland Speedway. In 2002 Vickers started 12th and finished 31st due to an accident and in 2003 he started eighth and finished ...
* The Dollar General 300 powered by Coca-Cola will mark Brian Vickers third Nationwide Series start at Chicagoland Speedway. In 2002 Vickers started 12th and finished 31st due to an accident and in 2003 he started eighth and finished third.
* Making his seventh start of the season for Braun Racing, Vickers has earned the team three top-10 finishes including a fourth place finish at Daytona in February and a fifth place finish at Lowe's in May. He is scheduled to run a total of 16 races for the Braun Racing team during the 2008 season.
* Adding to Vickers experience at Chicagoland Speedway, he has three Sprint Cup Series starts to his credit. In those three races at the Illinois 1.5-mile oval, he started in the top-five in each event and earned one top-five finish. He has also completed 100% of all laps possible in those three Sprint Cup races.
Dollar General to sponsor Vickers and Chicagoland race
* This weekend Dollar General will play a duel sponsor role by adorning the No.32 Dollar General stores Camry and serving as title sponsor of the Nationwide Series race at Chicagoland Speedway. The Dollar General 300 powered by Coca-Cola action kicks off at 8:00pm Eastern time.
* Be sure to sign up for the Dollar General "DG300 Toyota Tundra Showdown" for your chance to win one of four Toyota Tundras. When you sign up, you pick a Braun Racing driver to support, either Brian Vickers or Jason Leffler. Eight finalists will be selected to attend the Dollar General 300 at LMS in October. The driver that finishes highest on the track in that race, Vickers or Leffler, will win Toyota Tundras for the four contestants that supported him. The contest will run until September 7, 2008. Anyone can sign up at the Dollar General displays at the track, mail in entries available at Dollar General.
Vickers on racing at Chicagoland Speedway "I'm really excited to get back to racing at Chicagoland Speedway. I haven't competed in a Nationwide race at the track since 2003. Instead of a day race like we are used to, it will be a night race and that will present a new set of conditions and challenges. We had a good run going in the Dollar General stores Camry last weekend in Daytona but broke a draft shaft ending our day early. I'm focused on getting a good run for these guys in Chicago. I really want to get them to Victory Lane before the year is out. Our mile and a half program has been good all year so Chicagoland Speedway might be the perfect track to get it done!"
Equipment Information The No. 10 Dollar General team will compete with chassis #37 in the Dollar General 300 powered by Coca-Cola at Chicagoland Speedway. This is the same chassis Vickers raced at Lowe's Motor Speedway and Texas Motor Speedway where he finished fifth and sixth respectively. Denny Hamlin also raced this chassis at Nashville Superspeedway to a seventh place finish in March.