* First career victory at a superspeedway and first top-five finish at Talladega. * Seventh career NASCAR Busch Series win for Keller, the only Busch Series regular to win two races this season. His first win of 2002 came at Rockingham. * The...
* First career victory at a superspeedway and first top-five finish at Talladega.
* Seventh career NASCAR Busch Series win for Keller, the only Busch Series regular to win two races this season. His first win of 2002 came at Rockingham.
* The win moved Keller to second in the NASCAR Busch Series points standings. He is currently 22 points behind Jack Sprague.
* The win is an early birthday present for Keller, who turns 32 on Tuesday.
* Keller was one of only three cars that finished the 312-mile race on the lead lap. Keller took over the top spot after a quick pit stop by the Albertson's crew on lap 68 and never relinquished the lead.
* In 10 starts at Talladega, Keller has one win, one top five and one top 10.
* Albertson's now has three wins as a sponsor with Keller behind the wheel of the No. 57 Albertson's Ford (Loudon, 2001; Rockingham and Talladega, 2002).
* Greg Pollex of ppc Racing captured his 26th win as a Busch Series owner, while co-owner of the No. 57, Keith Barnwell, captured his third.
* The $62,140 purse is the fifth largest of Keller's career.
* Keller's in-car camera carried a handwritten note wishing Joe Keller (Jason's son) and James Barnwell a happy birthday.
Keller's Post Race Quotes
On the 28-car wreck... "I didn't know how many cars had wrecked. I knew there weren't a whole lot of cars racing, but I didn't know so many were out of the race. I knew we still had a strong race car regardless, so I wouldn't call the wreck a relief. We were just concentrating on couple of cars instead of 20. There was still Anheuser-Busch beer to be sprayed and a trophy to collect in victory lane. My focus didn't change from lap one to the checkered flag. "
Crediting the win... I really have to credit the win to the Albertson's crew. They won the race. When they got me off pit road in first, it gave me the advantage and the momentum to win the race. I've been hard on the guys the last couple of weeks because of our pit stops, but they won the race today. Track position was everything. I'm proud of the whole team."
On the points standings... "Anytime you can gain ground is a huge boost. We lost ground in Las Vegas and Bristol. In this series you can gain ground as quick as you can lose it. We were really fortunate to miss that accident today. There is still a ton of hard racing left this season, but we are giving ourselves the opportunity to win the championship."