Albertson's/Jason Keller Richmond International Raceway NASCAR Busch Series Jason Keller Notes: * Jason Keller captured his third consecutive top-five finish and first top five at California Speedway this past weekend. * ppc Racing has now...
Richmond International Raceway
NASCAR Busch Series
Jason Keller Notes:
* Jason Keller captured his third consecutive top-five finish and first top five at California Speedway this past weekend.
* ppc Racing has now won three consecutive Busch Series races (Nashville, Talladega and California). Including Keller's win at Rockingham, ppc Racing has won four of the nine races this season.
* Albertson's Racing Team driver Keller is looking to capture his third pole at Richmond International Raceway and first this season during qualifying Thursday evening. Keller's two pole positions at RIR came in 1994 and 1999.
* Keller has finished a career-best fifth at Richmond on three occasions.
* Keller remains second in the championship standings, 32 points behind leader Jack Sprague.
Jason Keller Quotes:
On Richmond... The Albertson's Racing team driver considers the .750-mile track his favorite on the circuit. With two poles, three top fives and eight top 10s a win is the only thing missing from his resume.
"I love Richmond," said Keller. "We have had a tremendous amount of success at the track, but can't seem to put the Albertson's Ford in to victory lane. We had some tough breaks at Richmond last year, so I'm hoping we can turn things around. We've really stepped up our program this year, so I'm very confident we can contend for the win.
"The points battle is going to be close all season long. This Albertson's team is doing everything they can to not only keep us in contention for the win each week, but also in contention for the championship. We are getting ready to head in to the meat of our season where we break off from the Winston Cup Series. The upcoming stretch is really where the championship can be won or lost."
First Top Five At California... Jason Keller and the Albertson's team turned a 20th-place car into a top-five car at California Speedway. Keller was quiet all day in the No. 57 Ford, but strategy and persistence gave Keller his third straight top-five finish and his first top five at California.
"The Albertson's team did an incredible job at California," said Keller. "They were smart all day long in the pits and that is what got us the top-five finish. The car was really tight all day, and the more we adjusted it the worse it got. But I have to give Steve (Addington) and the guys credit with their calls. I was able to drive back up to the top 10 after falling back to 24th, but we took only two tires on our final stop. Then our Robert Yates engines provided the fuel mileage to launch me back in to the top five."