No. 41 TEAM FACTS: * Busch Series Points Standings: Sorenson's 12th-place finish at California Speedway last weekend dropped him one spot to fourth in the NASCAR Busch Series championship point's standings. Carl Edwards, who won the race...
No. 41 TEAM FACTS:
* Busch Series Points Standings: Sorenson's 12th-place finish at California Speedway last weekend dropped him one spot to fourth in the NASCAR Busch Series championship point's standings. Carl Edwards, who won the race in California, slipped past Sorenson into third. Sorenson is now only 22 points out of third and trails leader Martin Truex by 380 points and second-place Clint Bowyer by 238 points.
* Rookie of the Year: Sorenson is still sitting second behind Edwards in the rookie of the year race (309-295). The rookie points are determined by each of the candidates top-16 finishes during the season.
* Revisiting Richmond: Friday May 13th was anything but lucky for rookie Reed Sorenson. Sorenson started out strong for the 250-lap race at Richmond International Raceway earlier this season before being spun out on lap 79. The Discount Tire Dodge suffered rear damage that relegated the team to a 31st-place finish.
* Chassis: The No.41 team will race chassis #452 at Richmond this weekend. This is the same car they finished seventh with at Pikes Peak International Raceway earlier this season.
* Richmond Native: Ryan Quann who is catch can man for the No. 41 Busch team, counts Richmond, Virginia as his hometown. Quann also works on the No. 42 NEXTEL Cup car for Chip Ganassi Racing with Felix Sabates teammate Jamie McMurray.
REED SORENSON QUOTES:
"The Discount Tire team continues to work hard to put ourselves in the position to win the rookie of the year title and stay competitive in the point's standings. We were able to qualify third in last weekend's race and finish 12th. Unfortunately we had some trouble during the last pit stop and we were unable to get the top-10 finish we were hoping for."
"We got caught up in someone else's mistake last time we were at Richmond but I am excited for the weekend. I think we are going to be fast and this is one of my favorite cars. Anywhere we take it we seem to get a good outcome."