Points of Interest... * What Ya' Haulin'...The Real Car Guys will take chassis No. 47 to Richmond International Raceway for the running of the Circuit City 250. They have run this chassis two times this season. The ACDelco team qualified...
Points of Interest...
* What Ya' Haulin'...The Real Car Guys will take chassis No. 47 to Richmond International Raceway for the running of the Circuit City 250. They have run this chassis two times this season. The ACDelco team qualified 16th and finished 21st at the Phoenix International Raceway (PIR) night race. In addition to PIR, No. 47 saw success at Las Vegas Motor Speedway with an eighth place starting position and a ninth place finish in March.
* Clint Bowyer Track Stat...Bowyer has raced two times at Richmond International Raceway. He came away with a ninth place finish after starting on the outside pole last spring. In the fall, he started ninth and brought the ACDelco Chevy home in 11th place.
* Testing One, Two, Three...Bowyer and the ACDelco Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS posted the fastest speed during testing on Tuesday, March 28 at Richmond International Raceway. He flew around the .75-mile oval at a speed of 125.406 mph.
* Richmond International Raceway...The track is .75-miles in length with a variation of banking. The corners are banked at 14 degrees, the frontstretch is banked at eight degrees and the backstretch has two degrees of banking. The frontstretch is 1290 feet in length and the backstretch is 860 feet in length.
* Points Chase...Bowyer held onto second position in the NASCAR Busch Series drivers' points chase after his finish at Talladega Superspeedway. He is currently 299 points behind his teammate and points leader, Kevin Harvick. The No. 2 ACDelco race team also held onto second place in the NASCAR Busch Series owners' points chase. They are 308 points behind their teammates Kevin Harvick and Jeff Burton in the No. 21 Coast Guard Chevrolet.
* And Then There Were Two...Clint Bowyer and his Richard Childress racing teammate, Kevin Harvick are the only Busch Series drivers to complete all 1,805 laps of NASCAR Busch Series competition for the 2006 race season.
* Record Holder...Clint Bowyer holds the current record in the NASCAR Busch Series for most consecutive races finished on the lead lap. He has completed every race since Memphis in 2005 on the lead lap, which brings his total to 14 races.
* Double Duty...ACDelco driver, Clint Bowyer will also be competing in the NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series for Richard Childress Racing in the No. 07 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS. He is currently 18th in the Cup Series point standings and 441 points out of the lead.
* ACDelco...ACDelco "Real Car Guys" are men and women alike who are passionate about their vehicles. They are experts -- technicians, motorsports professionals and serious "do-it-yourselfers" -- who understand the importance of quality replacement parts and endorse the ACDelco brand. They also are consumers who don't have a high level of automotive repair expertise, and who trust the knowledge of these automotive experts to maintain and repair their vehicles.
Clint Bowyer on Richmond International Raceway...
What makes this short track unique from the other ones you have raced on?
"There is one thing I like about this track that Bristol doesn't have. You can race at Richmond and not hit anybody. That's the main thing I think this track has over a lot of other short tracks. You can get under other cars and race them and not have to get into them and push them out of the way. It's a cool race track and racing at night adds to the excitement."