No. 41 TEAM FACTS: * Chassis: The Discount Tire team will race chassis ...
No. 41 TEAM FACTS:
* Chassis: The Discount Tire team will race chassis #453 in Phoenix this weekend. This will be the first weekend that Sorenson will race this chassis, and the seventh different car to be used this season. Sorenson and the team tested this chassis at the one-mile oval of Phoenix International Raceway in March.
* Did you know?: The fourth annual National Tire Safety Week, April 24-April 30, 2005, is part of a nationwide consumer awareness campaign, "Be Tire Smart - Play Your P.A.R.T" to educate vehicle owners about the importance of proper tire care, which leads to a safer driving experience. For more information please visit www.betiresmart.org.
* Coming Home: The Discount Tire crew will have extra incentive this weekend to bring home the win. Their primary sponsor Discount Tire Company is headquartered in Scottsdale, Arizona just over 35 miles from Phoenix International Raceway.
* Rookie Facts: Sorenson finished third last week at Texas Motor Speedway, his fourth top five of the 2005 season. Sorenson led the race twice for 28 laps, and took top rookie honors for the sixth time in eight races, including the last three. He has scored three consecutive top-five finishes, including his first win, in the last three races.
* Busch Series Points Standings: Following last week's third-place finish, Sorenson is currently in the second spot in the Busch Series championship points standings, just 76 points out of first place.
* Rookie of the Year: Sorenson currently sits second to Carl Edwards in the rookie of the year race. Sorenson is just 12 points back from Edwards. The rookie points are determined by the top 16 finishes during the season.