No. 41 Discount Tire Team Fast Facts: * Meet Reed in Phoenix: Reed Sorenson will stop by the Discount Tire store located at 13213 W. McDowell Road, Goodyear, Ariz. from 4:30 to 6 p.m. MT Thursday, November 9 to sign autographs and meet...
No. 41 Discount Tire Team Fast Facts:
* Meet Reed in Phoenix: Reed Sorenson will stop by the Discount Tire store located at 13213 W. McDowell Road, Goodyear, Ariz. from 4:30 to 6 p.m. MT Thursday, November 9 to sign autographs and meet area race fans.
* Stremme Discounting, Too: In addition to Sorenson and his gang racing the No. 41 Discount Tire Dodge on Saturday, Sorenson's teammate David Stremme will pilot a red, black and white No. 40 Discount Tire Dodge on Sunday, as well. Discount Tire has been a long-time partner of CGRFS, playing a crucial role in the race team's driver development program.
* Phoenix Pointers: Sorenson has scored back-to-back top-five starts in his last two runs at PIR. He and the No. 41 Discount Tire team had an all around impressive performance at PIR this past spring when they finished runner-up to race winner Kevin Harvick and also took an 11-position jump in the driver and owner Busch Series standings at the time.
* How's It Looking: Despite a 36th-place finish at Texas Motor Speedway this past Saturday, Sorenson and team still stand inside the NASCAR Busch Series top 10. Sorenson, at 3,487, stands 10th in the driver ranks while the No. 41 Discount Tire team, with 3,572, stands 10th in owner points.
* On the Cup Side: A late-race spin derailed Sorenson's run on Sunday in the No. 41 Target Dodge at Texas, but the team didn't give up and scored a respectable 17th-place finish. Sorenson and the Target team maintained 25th in the overall standings and they currently sit just 128 points out of 20th heading into this upcoming Sunday's NEXTEL Cup event at PIR. Sorenson is still third in the Raybestos Rookie contender standings, as well.
Reed comments about returning to Phoenix International Raceway to go Busch racing: "I have been looking forward to returning to Phoenix all year. The Discount Tire team had such a great run there in April. We came so close to grabbing a win, so maybe we can close the deal this weekend. We're taking a brand new car so that should be good. The cars the guys have built this year have put out some great results so hopefully we'll follow suit on Saturday."