KENNY WALLACE / No. 22 AUTOZONE RACING TEAM FAST FACTS: * Kenny Wallace has eight NASCAR Busch Series (NBS) starts at Phoenix International Raceway (PIR) posting one top-five and three top-10 finishes * Wallace has an average...
KENNY WALLACE / No. 22 AUTOZONE RACING TEAM FAST FACTS:
* Kenny Wallace has eight NASCAR Busch Series (NBS) starts at Phoenix International Raceway (PIR) posting one top-five and three top-10 finishes
* Wallace has an average starting position of 13th and an average finishing position of 16th at PIR
* Out of 1611 laps attempted at PIR, Wallace has finished all but six (99.6%)
* Wallace increased his position in the point standings, moving just 16 points out of 10th after Texas
KENNY WALLACE ON PIR:
"I really enjoy going out to Phoenix. The track is so different than anywhere else we run during the year. Trying to get off the corners there is the biggest thing that you have to do and carrying the speed through the straightaway. Trying to get your car to carry speed through the center and then be able to get in the gas hard off of it. It's just a fun race track to race on."
KENNY WALLACE ON THE IMPORTANCE OF FINISHING IN THE TOP-10:
"I'm very proud of my accomplishments in the NASCAR Busch series (NBS). Every time I have run a full season in the NBS I have finished in the top-10 in driver point standings. I'm in a strange place right now knowing I have just two races to secure that 10th position. We made some gains last weekend in Texas but a strong run in Phoenix would definitely put me a little more at ease heading into the final race of the season."
PPC RACING HISTORY AT PIR:
* Eight different drivers have wheeled a race car for ppc Racing at PIR since 2000; Kenny Wallace, John Andretti, Michel Jourdain Jr., Terry Cook, Jason Keller, Brent Sherman, Scott Riggs and Jeff Green
* In 18 starts at PIR, ppc Racing has accumulated three top-five and six top-10 finishes
-credit: ppc racing