Reed Sorenson, No. 41 Coats/Discount Tire Dodge No. 41 TEAM FACTS: * Chassis: The Discount Tire team will race chassis ...
Reed Sorenson, No. 41 Coats/Discount Tire Dodge
No. 41 TEAM FACTS:
* Chassis: The Discount Tire team will race chassis #454 in Nashville this weekend. This car is the same one that Sorenson drove to a fifth-place finish earlier this season in Fontana.
* Busch Series Points Standings: Following last week's 19th-place finish, Sorenson is currently in the fourth spot in the Busch Series championship points standings, just 125 points out of first place.
This week will be the first week that the top 35 cars in the 2005 owner's points standings will be locked into the starting field. The Chip Ganassi Racing with Felix Sabates team is currently eighth in owner's points and is guaranteed a starting spot for the races going forward.
* Local Ties: This weekend the Discount Tire Dodge will sport a special Coats logo on the hood and quarter panels. The one race deal highlights Coats which is a brand of Hennessy Industries. Hennessy Industries, located in La Vergne, makes tire changers, wheel balancers, brake lathes, and other tire and wheel service tools. Coats became involved in this one-race primary sponsorship through its partnership with Discount Tire Company, a long-time Coats customer, and the main sponsor for the No. 41 Dodge.
* Testing Fever: Before heading to "Music City", Sorenson is testing Bristol Motor Speedway and Texas Motor Speedway over the next three days in preparation for the upcoming races.
* Rookie of the Year: Sorenson currently sits second to Carl Edwards in the rookie of the year race. Due to last week's car switch Sorenson did not earn any rookie points. The NASCAR rules state that a rookie candidate must qualify and start the car he qualifies in to receive rookie points. Since Reed did not qualify for the race in his car, he is ineligible for rookie points.
However, the rookie points are determined by the top 16 finishes during the season. Therefore, Sorenson is still in the hunt for the Rookie of the Year award.
* Did You Know?: Sorenson and Carl Edwards are the only Raybestos® Rookies to score a top-five finish this season. Sorenson placed fifth at California Speedway in February.
REED SORENSON QUOTES
Are you glad to get the first five races out of the way and not have to worry so much about qualifying?
"It would have helped if Atlanta was the sixth race and not the fifth [laughs]. We'll probably never break a transmission the rest of the year with our luck, but that stuff happens. The way that I look at it, at least we got some points out of the day last week and we got 30 more races to come back and that's plenty of time. Everybody just has to work a little harder now. I am glad I don't have to be so worried before qualifying that something like what happened last week will happen. We are still going to work hard and try and get the best starting spot possible."