Mike Garvey/Competitive Edge Motorsports No. 32 NegotiationsSeminar.com Chevrolet Points of Interest * Competitive Edge Motorsports is owned by former NFL star and successful business owner Joe Auer. Auer is most notable for returning the...
Mike Garvey/Competitive Edge Motorsports
No. 32 NegotiationsSeminar.com Chevrolet
Points of Interest
* Competitive Edge Motorsports is owned by former NFL star and successful business owner Joe Auer. Auer is most notable for returning the Miami Dolphins' opening kickoff to score a 95-yard touchdown in 1966. He went on to become the team's first MVP. In 1975, Auer built International Computer Negotiations Inc. (ICN), a global technology consulting business.
* NegotiationsSeminar.com is one of several ICN seminars. It is the most thorough, practical and effective negotiations seminar available and is aimed at anyone who negotiates anything. Three seminars are available this year in Chicago (June 14-15), Orlando (August 24-25) and Las Vegas (Nov. 16-17). The seminar's entire marketing budget is allocated toward the NASCAR sponsorship.
* Fins-TV reporter Lindsay Czarniak will shadow the Competitive Edge Motorsports team at Nashville. Fins-TV is a weekly half-hour program produced by NBC 6 in Miami that focuses on the off-field lives of the Miami Dolphins. It is aired throughout Florida on the Sunshine Network. The Fins-TV logo will also appear on the decklid of the NegotiationsSeminar.com Chevrolet.
* Driver Mike Garvey has 19 Busch Series starts under his belt, one in 1993, 13 in 1994, one in 1995 and 1998, three in 1999 and one in Phoenix in 2003.
* Garvey has been victorious at Nashville in the past, as he won the prestigious All-American 400 in 1993 and 2000. The event was held at the Nashville Fairgrounds.
* Garvey and Tesch also combine as driver and crew chief in the American Speed Association (ASA) Series. Tesch led Garvey to nine ASA victories in 1999, the first year of their pairing.
* Garvey is a 17-time winner in the ASA series. He was named the 2003 ASA Most Popular Driver. * The Pepsi 300 will be Garvey's 20th career Busch Series start. His best finish is 14th, which he earned in 1994.
* Saturday's Pepsi 300 will be televised live on FX at 4 p.m. EDT. MRN radio will also present live coverage of the race at 3:30 p.m. EDT.
NegotiationsSeminar.com driver Mike Garvey on Nashville Superspeedway: "It's a great track. I've never been there before, so I was picturing a flatter track with sweeping corners. I didn't expect it to be so tight and banked. I'm looking forward to the race. Nashville is a beautiful place to visit. I've raced for many years and always look forward to going to Nashville."
Garvey on the team's test at Nashville Superspeedway March 29 and March 30: "We found some issues to fix with the car. We weren't the fastest team at the test, but we found some things to change before we go back for the race. So the test was successful from that standpoint."
Garvey on the similarities between a NASCAR Busch Series car and an ASA car: "They really are similar. There is more horsepower and weight in a Busch Series car, but their tendencies and feelings are the same as an ASA car. We're pretty fast in our ASA car, so if we can get the Busch Series car like that, we will do well."
NegotiationsSeminar.com crew chief Shane Tesch on the focus of testing: "Every time you test, it's trial and error. You have ideas for setup, and the only way you'll know if they work or not is to bolt them on and try them. You separate what ideas are worth pursuing and what are worth eliminating. That's what we did in our Nashville test."
Tesch on Mike Garvey: "Mike is one of the best hands-on drivers I have ever had the privilege to work with. He can take a bad car and get a good finish out of it. If it's possible, he'll get it there. He has a good seat-of-the-pants feel, and within 10 laps, he can tell you what to do to the car. As a crew chief, you need direction, and that's what he will give you."