No. 41 TEAM FACTS: * It's a Boy!: Crew Chief Brian Pattie and his wife Adriene welcomed a new edition to their family last Wednesday night. Brennan Paul Pattie came into the world 8.6 lbs and 21 inches. He joins big sisters Aleesia, ...
No. 41 TEAM FACTS:
* It's a Boy!: Crew Chief Brian Pattie and his wife Adriene welcomed a new edition to their family last Wednesday night. Brennan Paul Pattie came into the world 8.6 lbs and 21 inches. He joins big sisters Aleesia, Aubree and Alexis.
* Returning to Where it all Started: Rookie Reed Sorenson commanded the NASCAR Busch Series race at Nashville Superspeedway earlier this season, leading 197 of the 225 laps to bring home a Gibson guitar and his first career victory. Sorenson left just seven other cars on the lead lap and finished 14.417 seconds ahead of the second-place finisher. Earlier in the day he won his first career pole in 11 starts.
* Rookies in the Media Center: Sorenson and three other Raybestos® Rookie drivers will be in the media center for one-on-one interviews from 12:55-1:15 p.m. on Friday.
* Coveted Concrete: In his third start on a concrete track last weekend in Dover, Sorenson finished second. With his win at Nashville and his second and third at Dover and Brisol respectively, Sorenson is averaging a second-place finish on concrete tracks.
* Rookie Stats: Sorenson was the top finishing Busch Series regular again last weekend at Dover, and he also was the top finishing rookie for the eighth time this season. This season a rookie has finished in the top-10 in all 13 Busch Series races. Sorenson has done that in eight of the 13 races.
* Busch Series Points Standings: Sorenson gained significant ground with his second-place finish this weekend. Sorenson moved up to second and gained 100 points on leader Carl Edwards. The Discount Tire team is a mere 74 points out of the top spot.
* Rookie of the Year: Sorenson currently sits second in the rookie of the year race, he made up another 13 points this weekend and is 11 points behind leader Edwards. The rookie points are determined by the top-16 finishes during the season.
* Chassis: The Discount Tire team will race chassis #454 in Nashville this weekend. This is the same car that the Discount Tire team took to Nashville in March and won the pole and the race. This car has not been run since it won at Nashville, and will be taken in hopes of making it to victory lane once again.
Reed Sorenson Quotes:
"We had a great run last week. I was not sure about it before we started, but the car was really good. We were able to get second and gain a lot of ground in the points. I am excited to go back to Nashville this weekend. I had such a fun time last race and was able to get not only my first pole but my first win. The Discount Tire team is taking the same car back and we have high hopes to getting back to victory lane this weekend."