CLINT BOWYER Looking for Another Win in Nashville HUNTERSVILLE, N.C. (April 11, 2006) -- As the ACDelco Real Car Guys head to "Music City" for the running of the Pepsi 300 this Saturday, they are determined to come home with another Sam Bass...
Looking for Another Win in Nashville
HUNTERSVILLE, N.C. (April 11, 2006) -- As the ACDelco Real Car Guys head to "Music City" for the running of the Pepsi 300 this Saturday, they are determined to come home with another Sam Bass designed Gibson Guitar in tow. The ACDelco Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS has been a little out of tune lately and the team thinks a trip back to Nashville (Tenn.) Superspeedway is just what they need as they take out the tuning fork and bring the car back to perfect pitch.
Clint Bowyer has never finished outside of the top-five at the 1.333-mile oval in his four career starts with the NASCAR Busch Series and Richard Childress Racing. He came home with the most sought after trophy in his hands last season when he won the June 12, 2005, event. The win this weekend would be even sweeter this time around because it is the tenth Busch Series event ever held at Nashville Superspeedway and would make it a back-to-back win for the ACDelco Chevy at the track.
The Emporia, Kan., native has completed every lap of competition he has attempted at Nashville Superspeedway. He has completed all 1,051 laps including one ARCA race back in August of 2003 and four NASCAR Busch Series races in 2004 and 2005.
Look for Clint Bowyer and the ACDelco team to be rocking with the Gibson guitar in Victory Lane this Saturday.
Points of Interest...
* What Ya' Haulin'...The Real Car Guys will take chassis No. 41 to Nashville Superspeedway. The team raced this chassis twice last season. It started 10th and finished 16th at Kansas Speedway in October and finished 7th after starting 20th at Texas Motor Speedway on November 5, 2005.
* Track Stat...Bowyer has raced four times at Nashville Superspeedway in the NASCAR Busch Series. This is the track where Bowyer won his first-ever NASCAR race on June 12, 2005. He has four top-five finishes including the win and carries the title for most top-five finishes at Nashville Superspeedway.
* Points Chase...Bowyer gained one position in the Busch Series drivers' points and is now third, 199 points out of the lead behind teammate Kevin Harvick. The No. 2 ACDelco team also gained one position in the Busch Series owners' point standings and is now fifth, 208 points out of the lead behind the Richard Childress Racing No. 21 Coast Guard Chevrolet.
* Start Time...Saturday's Pepsi 300 is scheduled for 3:30 p.m. EDT. Live television coverage of the 225-lap event will begin on FX at 3 p.m. EDT, with live radio coverage beginning at 3 p.m. EDT on your local MRN radio affiliate and XM Satellite Radio -- channel 144.
* ACDelco Teammate...ACDelco-sponsored Kurt Johnson broke out of a season-starting slump by beating Dave Connolly to win the Pro Stock class at the Seventh annual NHRA SummitRacing.com Nationals last weekend at The Strip at Las Vegas Motor Speedway. He moved from 16th to 10th in the standings after winning by the closet margin of the day, .0031 seconds.
* ACDelco...ACDelco is a global leader in automotive replacement parts and services offering products for virtually all vehicles. Headquartered in Grand Blanc, Mich., ACDelco markets automotive replacement parts worldwide under its brand name. For more information call 1-800-ACDelco or log on to acdelco.com.
No. 2 ACDelco driver Clint Bowyer on Nashville Superspeedway...
Why do you think you grew to like Nashville so quickly?
"It was my very first race at a big track, at least what I called a big track at the time, and that track pretty much allowed me to be seen by Richard Childress. I was running in a guy's ARCA car from Kansas City and just immediately took a liking to the place. I went there pretty blind, but loved how fast it was. I have led a lot of laps there and got my first win in the Busch Series there. When you have those kind of stats, it makes it easy to say that Nashville is one of my favorites."
When you look at the Busch Series schedule at the beginning of the season, what do you think about when you see Nashville Superspeedway?
"I'm really looking forward to Nashville. I've run good there in the past and am looking forward to it. Nashville is definitely a highlight on my schedule."