FAST FACTS * In the hometown of their primary sponsor for this weekend's Pepsi 300 at Nashville Superspeedway, Aaron Fike and the ...
* In the hometown of their primary sponsor for this weekend's Pepsi 300 at Nashville Superspeedway, Aaron Fike and the #43 Curb Records/Curb Agajanian Performance Group Dodge team are at the ready for the young driver's 45th career NASCAR Busch Series start Saturday on the 1.33-mile concrete tri-oval.
* Nashville-based Curb Records, one of the largest independent record labels in the industry representing artists across all genres of music, was founded by CAPG team co-owner Mike Curb and is celebrating 43 years of "History-Making Music" this weekend featuring commemorative signage on Fike's racing machine.
* "It's been 43 great years in the music business for everyone in the Curb Records family, and hopefully Aaron and our #43 Dodge will really give us something to celebrate this weekend," said Mike Curb, who has played an influential role in the music industry since 1960 as a successful artist, songwriter, producer and record company executive, and has also served as lieutenant governor of California. Among the artists represented by Curb Records today are Tim McGraw, Wynonna, Jo Dee Messina, LeeAnn Rimes, and Hank Williams, Jr.
* Last weekend at Texas Motor Speedway, Fike, the 23-year-old out of Galesburg, Ill., overcame an accident in final practice to qualify 22nd. He bolted into the top-20 in the early going on race day but was plagued by a host of setbacks, including a severe vibration and subsequent unscheduled pit stop to inspect tires, a loose passenger-side window mount, and oil pressure problems.
* This weekend marks Fike's fifth career appearance at Nashville Superspeedway. He started on the second row here last June after his best career qualifying effort prior to this season's opening front-row effort in the CAPG Dodge at Daytona.
* Friday night, Fike will be a special guest at the Music City Motorplex for pre-race ceremonies prior to its NASCAR Dodge Weekly Series schedule of events.
AARON FIKE QUOTES ON NASHVILLE -- "It's going to be a really special weekend for all of us with the Curb Records anniversary celebration. Hopefully, we can make it a weekend Mike and his wife, Linda, will never forget. As a team, we're showing signs of a breakthrough performance. The guys did an incredible job last weekend at Texas, getting my CAPG Dodge back together after crashing in final practice. We definitely had a top-20 car for the race, so it was a shame to not be able to leave Texas with top-20 points. We need to cash in on everything we can, points-wise, because it's so important to lock ourselves into the top-30. Maybe we can make a big jump in the standings at Nashville!"