No. 41 TEAM FACTS: * Busch Series Points Standings: Sorenson's 41st-place finish at Watkins Glen last weekend kept him third in the NASCAR Busch Series championship points standings. However, due to the blown motor he lost some ground to...
No. 41 TEAM FACTS:
* Busch Series Points Standings: Sorenson's 41st-place finish at Watkins Glen last weekend kept him third in the NASCAR Busch Series championship points standings. However, due to the blown motor he lost some ground to the top two. Sorenson trails Martin Truex by 219 points and second-place Clint Bowyer by 97 points.
* Rookie of the Year: Sorenson leads Carl Edwards in the rookie of the year race (291-287). The rookie points are determined by each of the candidates top-16 finishes during the season.
* Testing: Sorenson spent two days earlier this month at Michigan International Speedway testing the Discount Tire Dodge in preparation for the Domino's Pizza 250 this weekend.
* Appearing at a Store Near You: Sorenson will be at the Discount Tire Store on Thursday, August 18th in Jackson, Mich., from 4 to 6 p.m. He will be signing autographs at the location on West Avenue.
* Chassis: The Discount Tire team will race chassis #454 at Michigan this weekend. This is the same car the team visited Victory Lane with at Nashville on March 26.
* Did You Know?: Sorenson's victory at Gateway two weeks ago gives the 2005 rookie class a total of five wins, equaling the most by a rookie class since the program began in 1989. The class of 2001 and 2004 also posted five victories.
REED SORENSON QUOTES:
"We had some engine trouble last week at Watkins Glen. We lost some ground in the points chase but we are looking forward to making them up this weekend in Michigan. The Discount Tire team tested at Michigan a few weeks ago and we learned a lot, and should be strong for this weekend's race. I am hoping for a top-five finish to help get us back in the hunt for the championship."