KENNY WALLACE / No. 22 AUTOZONE RACING TEAM FAST FACTS: * Kenny Wallace has nine NASCAR Busch Series (NBS) starts at Michigan International Speedway (MIS) with an average starting position of 15th and an average finishing position of ...
KENNY WALLACE / No. 22 AUTOZONE RACING TEAM FAST FACTS:
* Kenny Wallace has nine NASCAR Busch Series (NBS) starts at Michigan International Speedway (MIS) with an average starting position of 15th and an average finishing position of 25th.
* The No. 22 AutoZone team will be running chassis #38 this weekend, #38 is the same chassis Wallace ran at Charlotte (finished 13th), Kentucky (20th) and Chicago (29th)
* Wallace currently sits 10th in the NBS driver points standings, Wallace has maintained the 10th place position since the June race at Nashville SuperSpeedway.
* Wallace has finished in the top-10 driver point standings every year he has raced full-time in the NBS (nine times). The AutoZone Team is looking for number 10 in 2006.
* ppc Racing Owner, Greg Pollex, calls Cheboygan, Mich. home. Greg has yet to win a NASCAR-sanctioned event at MIS.
* Meijer, in conjunction with Airplus Insoles, will serve as an associate sponsor on the No. 22 AutoZone Ford Fusion.
* Master Yacht Sales will again adorn the upper c-post in this weekend's NBS race.
KENNY WALLACE ON MIS:
"Michigan is one of those tracks that has eluded me. I'm not a big fan of a fuel mileage race. The race fans pay to see side-by-side race action and that is typically at your short tracks or SuperSpeedways such as Daytona and Talladega. I've always been partial to the side-by-side, wheel-to-wheel action seen at many of the tracks we visit throughout the year. When I am not racing the No. 22 AutoZone Ford Fusion, I am at the local dirt tracks. Michigan week, I am taking my dirt car to Eldora (Ohio), Alma (Ohio) and Wisconsin Dells (Wis.) for some dirt racing action."
-credit: ppc racing