CLINT BOWYER Team ACDelco -- One Big Happy Family HUNTERSVILLE, N.C. (August 15, 2006) -- As the ACDelco race team heads to the land of GM Corporate Headquarters for the CARFAX 250 at Michigan International Speedway on Saturday, August 19,...
Team ACDelco -- One Big Happy Family
HUNTERSVILLE, N.C. (August 15, 2006) -- As the ACDelco race team heads to the land of GM Corporate Headquarters for the CARFAX 250 at Michigan International Speedway on Saturday, August 19, they are more determined than ever to get their first win of the season. Last weekend, the ACDelco Real Car Guys ran into trouble as Bowyer wrecked the primary car in second practice, forcing them to pull out the back-up car.
Luckily, the team pulled together as they always do and made the replacement just as good as the original. One thing about it is that Team ACDelco is more of an extended family than teammates. They demonstrated their connection as they feverishly worked in sync to get their second race car ready.
They spend more time together at work and traveling to and from races each weekend than they spend at home in their own beds with their own families. The dedication and teamwork continues to resurface each weekend as the ACDelco Chevrolet has either dominated a race or needed some work. Either way, the group of Real Car Guys comes together and makes the best of any situation.
The team is completely dedicated to Bowyer and he is completely dedicated to them. It is through the relationships and bonds that have been made this season that Team ACDelco will get a win and succeed.
Points of Interest...
* What Ya' Haulin'...The Real Car Guys will take chassis No. 57 to Michigan International Speedway this weekend. The ACDelco team built this car brand new for the 2006 race season. It has one start so far this year that came at Kentucky Speedway on June 17. Bowyer qualified 21st and finished 12th.
* Track Stat...Bowyer has raced once at Michigan International Speedway. Last season he started on the outside pole due to qualifying being rained out and the field starting by owner's points. After trouble refueling the car on pit road, Bowyer fell to the back of the pack and eventually crossed the checkered flag in the 30th spot.
* Unleaded Fuel...NASCAR Busch Series race teams will run unleaded fuel this weekend for the fourth and final time this season. NASCAR has decided to test the new fuel at four consecutive NASCAR Busch Series races. After completing this weekend's race, NASCAR will analyze the outcome and decide on possible future use of unleaded fuel.
* Start Time...Saturday's 125-lap event at Michigan International Speedway is scheduled for 2:55 p.m. Eastern Daylight Time (EDT). Live television coverage of the CARFAX 250 will begin on TNT at 2:45 p.m. EDT, with live radio coverage at the same time on your local MRN radio affiliate and XM Satellite Radio--channel 144. Qualifying will be broadcast live on SPEED at 11:30 a.m. EDT.
* Points Chase...Bowyer held onto fourth place in the NASCAR Busch Series driver points chase after his 16th place finish at Watkins Glen this past Saturday. He is currently 570 points behind his teammate and points leader, Kevin Harvick, and 73 points behind third place Denny Hamlin.
* Double Duty...ACDelco driver Clint Bowyer will also be competing in the NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series for Richard Childress Racing in the No. 07 Jack Daniel's Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS this Sunday at Michigan International Speedway. He held onto the 17th spot in the NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series point standings after his 14th place finish last weekend and is currently 381 points outside the top-10.
* Bowyer Makes Annual Visit to GMSPO Headquarters...Clint Bowyer along with team owner Richard Childress and RCR teammate Kevin Harvick will be on hand at GMSPO's Employee day on Thursday, August 17th to participate in the judging of a car show and sign autographs for the hard working GM and GM contract employees.
* ACDelco Stat... Since its premiere in the Spring of 2004, ACDelco's "Real Car Guys Know" integrated marketing campaign has received acclaim from numerous organizations and media in the industry. Building on that success, ACDelco is showing "Real Car Guys" still "Know" by launching several new television spots that play off the "Real Car Guys" theme.
Clint Bowyer on Michigan International Speedway...
Talk about your last trip to Michigan International Speedway.
"It was a really frustrating trip. We dominated the race and I thought we had it in the bag. Then we had some problems in the pits. I don't know what the exact problem was, but all I know is that we couldn't get the gas in and it pretty much ruined our day. One thing led to another and I ended up coming back down pit road for a pass through penalty, because they said my guys were working on the car outside the pit box. We ended up towards the back of the pack and a couple laps down at the end of the day. I'm just looking forward to getting another shot at MIS and I can't wait to get back there."
How is the racing at Michigan International Speedway?
"It's definitely a racy race track, where the groove is wide. You don't have to pin your car down on the bottom like you do at a lot of other places. You can slip up a little bit and chase it up the track and keep the hammer down. Where as, at Chicago, Kansas, places like that, you move up out of the groove a half-a-car length and you're in the wall. We race two and three wide there all day long, so it's a really cool race track."