KESELOWSKI BACK IN NAVY CHEVROLET FOR HOMETOWN RACE AT MIS * Making his fourth start in the No. 88 Navy Accelerate Your Life Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS, Rochester Hills, Mich., native Brad Keselowski will return to his 'home' track to ...
KESELOWSKI BACK IN NAVY CHEVROLET FOR HOMETOWN RACE AT MIS
* Making his fourth start in the No. 88 Navy Accelerate Your Life Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS, Rochester Hills, Mich., native Brad Keselowski will return to his 'home' track to compete in Saturday's NASCAR Busch Series CARFAX 250 at Michigan International Speedway.
* Keselowski, 23, lives just 90 miles away from MIS and has two previous starts at the two-mile speedway. In 2005, he was running in the top five in the Truck race when his engine blew up, relegating him to a 35th-place finish. Last year he finished 19th in the ARCA race.
* The Keselowski racing tradition runs three generations deep in Michigan. Started by the late John Keselowski, Brad's grandfather, the family has competed at all levels of racing from late models to the Cup Series. Bob Keselowski, Brad's dad, is a former ARCA champion and has also won in NASCAR Truck Series competition. John, Bob and Ron Keselowski, Brad's uncle, were inducted into the Michigan Motorsports Hall of Fame in 2004. Brad, the youngest member of the Keselowski family, is continuing the family tradition this weekend at MIS.
* The JR Motorsports team finished third in last year's race at Michigan International Speedway with Robby Gordon at the wheel of the Navy Chevrolet. It marked the team's best finish in Busch Series competition. Team owner Dale Earnhardt Jr. claimed the win.
* The Navy team will run chassis No. JRM 022 in Saturday's race. The team has raced this car three times this season: Las Vegas Motor Speedway (ninth), Nashville Superspeedway (sixth) and Darlington Raceway (27th).
Brad Keselowski, Driver, No. 88 Navy Accelerate Your Life Chevrolet Monte Carlo
"Michigan is a wide track that will hopefully open up during the race for three- and four-wide racing. It's one of the few non-restrictor-plate tracks where the draft comes into play. I look for us to be rim-riding up in the high groove during the race like we did in Chicago.
"I ran well at Michigan a couple years ago in the Truck race. We had an engine failure and finished in the back, but I had a lot of fun running up front at my hometown track. Coming back with JR Motorsports, I'm looking to seal the deal this year and I think we have a really good shot at it.
"My brother's running the Busch race this weekend and getting to race against him again will be pretty cool. We live about an hour and a half or so from the track and racing has always been a part of our lives, so competing against him in front of our hometown crowd will be a lot of fun."
Wes Ward, Crew Chief, No. 88 Navy Accelerate Your Life Chevrolet Monte Carlo
"Michigan has been a good track for JR Motorsports. We had a shot at the win last year, but our team owner beat us to it. Brad seems to be good at the bigger tracks and our communication with him continues to improve each week. Our Busch program keeps getting stronger each week and I look forward to another good run this weekend at Michigan."