Jamie McMurray, No. 42 Texaco/Havoline Dodge Texaco/Havoline Racing Fast Facts: * Inaugural Sponsor Event: This is the first Busch Series event for the No. 42 Texaco/Havoline Dodge, but the ChevronTexaco brand is right at home in Mexico City.
Jamie McMurray, No. 42 Texaco/Havoline Dodge
Texaco/Havoline Racing Fast Facts:
* Inaugural Sponsor Event: This is the first Busch Series event for the No. 42 Texaco/Havoline Dodge, but the ChevronTexaco brand is right at home in Mexico City. Texaco has marketed its products and services in Latin America since the early part of the 20th century. In 1915, The Texas Company -- later to become Texaco -- entered the region. Productos ChevronTexaco Mexico markets lubricants, coolants and fuel additives through sales agents and distributors throughout Mexico.
* Chassis: Crew Chief Donnie Wingo and the Texaco/Havoline team have brought a brand new car, chassis #554, to compete in the 80-lap Telcel Motorola 200 presented by Banamex. Chassis #554 was tested for 10 laps at Virginia International Raceway with Scott Pruett, driver of the No. 01 CompUSA Lexus-Riley in the Grand-Am Rolex Series for Chip Ganassi Racing with Felix Sabates.
* McMurray Notes: McMurray heads into the Mexico City Busch Series event in 17th place in NASCAR NEXTEL Cup points after clinching a fourth-place finish at the Auto Club 500 at California.
* Road Course Stats: Although this is the inaugural Busch Series event for the No. 42 Texaco/Havoline Dodge, McMurray is no stranger to road course racing. Last year, he finished runner-up to Jeff Gordon in Sonoma and scored a top-15 at Watkins Glen the same year and has four starts in road course tracks in the NEXTEL Cup Series. In the Busch Series, McMurray holds one top-15 with a 14th-place finish at Watkins Glen in 2001.
* New Sponsor on Board: Chip Ganassi Racing with Felix Sabates announced a multi-year partnership in Fontana with Home123 Corporation, a subsidiary of New Century Financial Corporation, and one of America's largest providers of home mortgage loans a real estate investment trust and the parent company of one of the nation's largest non-prime mortgage finance companies, New Century Mortgage Corporation.. As part of the agreement, Home123 will be the primary sponsor during selected events for the No. 42 NASCAR Nextel Cup Series Dodge. McMurray's No. 42 Home123® Dodge will sport the corporation's blue and white colors at Phoenix International Raceway (April 23), Michigan International Speedway (June 19), Daytona International Speedway (July 2), Chicagoland Speedway (July 10), Watkins Glen International (Aug. 14) and California Speedway (Sept. 4). Home123 will serve as an associate sponsor during the remaining 30 events of the season.
* 2005 "Drive for Autism Awareness" Campaign: On February 25, Jamie McMurray, ChevronTexaco, Chip Ganassi Racing with Felix Sabates and Home123 held a press conference announcing their 2005 program to raise awareness for autism. This year's campaign will raise funds for autism education and advocacy in part through matching donations of $42 from each of the four campaign partners for every lap that McMurray leads during the 2005 NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series season.
* The Joplin, Mo. native finished 11th in points in the 2004 NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series chase posting nine top-five and 23 top-10 finishes, including 12 top-10 finishes in the last 14 events of the 2004 season.
Jamie McMurray Quotes:
Thoughts on Mexico City: "I'm as excited to go to Mexico as I have been for any race. I really enjoy going to the road courses, and we've got a great car. Chip [Ganassi, team owner] has built a new car for the event, and Scott Pruett tested it last week and said it was great. I'm really looking forward to going down there. My Cup team will be the crew, and Donnie [Wingo] will be my crew chief. I'm pretty sure the entire crew is going down there. They went in and told the guys they didn't have to go, but they gave my team first choice. I think every single one of them signed up to go. It's going to be a lot of fun for us. It won't be as stressful as a typical race weekend, and it's going to be fun. Havoline and Chevron Texaco are sponsoring the car. It's going to look just like my Cup car. It will have a few small changes, but it's the same number, and I think it's going to be cool to see that in a Busch race. I've never been to Mexico. I've only raced outside the country once, and that was in Russia. I raced go-karts there in 1989, and when I came home, it made me think differently about my life."