No. 9 Ingersoll Rand Dodge Charger BORIS SAID QUOTES: "It's a thrill for me to be involved with Ray Evernham. I get to drive this cool car in Mexico and secondly I've been working on testing his cars for road racing and working with his...
No. 9 Ingersoll Rand Dodge Charger
BORIS SAID QUOTES:
"It's a thrill for me to be involved with Ray Evernham. I get to drive this cool car in Mexico and secondly I've been working on testing his cars for road racing and working with his drivers. I'll probably go down the line with all of them. "
"In the past I've never thought of myself as a teacher because I barely got through school. I've been pretty good to relating to these NASCAR guys how I drive a road course and some of them, like Dale Jr., it's really helped. I'm glad to be part of his team. I hope maybe I can make the difference in Kasey making The Chase and not making The Chase. If he had done a little better on the two road courses last year he probably would have made it. That's my goal, to help him as much as I can and maybe win a couple of these Busch road races. That would be a big career booster for me."
* Saturday's NASCAR Busch Series race in Mexico marks the series' second trip to the track. Boris Said also competed in last year's event, where he started fourth and finished fifth.
* Said has won pole awards in each of NASCAR's top-three series. His first NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series pole position came at Infineon Raceway in 2003. In 1998, he captured the pole award at Heartland Park (Topeka, Kan.) in the NASCAR Truck Series and at Watkins Glen International in the NASCAR Busch Series.
* Said's one NASCAR win came in the Truck Series in 1998 at Infineon Raceway.
* In addition to his driving responsibilities in Mexico, Said also serves as a technical consultant on the development of road course cars and as a driver coach to the Evernham Motorsports stable of drivers.
* Saturday's race marks Ingersoll Rand's first race as a primary sponsor of a NASCAR team. The company has been affiliated with Ray Evernham for years and stepped up its involvement for the 2006 season.
* Ingersoll Rand also will serve as the primary sponsor on a fourth entry in the NASCAR Nextel Cup Series for Evernham Motorsports at Watkins Glen International on Aug. 13. The driver of the No. 98 Ingersoll Rand Dodge Charger will be announced at a later date.