No. 41 TEAM FACTS: * Busch Series Points Standings: Reed Sorenson's tire troubles relegated him to a 35th-place finish at Lowe's Motor Speedway but he was able to hold on to his third-place standing in the NASCAR Busch Series championship...
No. 41 TEAM FACTS:
* Busch Series Points Standings: Reed Sorenson's tire troubles relegated him to a 35th-place finish at Lowe's Motor Speedway but he was able to hold on to his third-place standing in the NASCAR Busch Series championship points. Sorenson trails leader Martin Truex Jr., by 323 points.
* Rookie of the Year: After his finish at Charlotte, Sorenson slipped to second behind Carl Edwards in the rookie of the year race (320-315). The rookie points are determined by each of the candidates top-16 finishes during the season.
* Testing: Sorenson and the No. 39 team tested at Atlanta Motor Speedway this week in preparation for his NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series debut next week. While the Busch Series is off Sorenson will be attempting to make his first Cup start at the 1.54-mile track.
* Chassis: The Discount Tire team will race chassis #451 at Memphis this weekend. This is the same car that Sorenson tested with last week at the .75-mile track. So far in four starts this season, chassis #451 has two top-five and four top-15 finishes.
* St. Jude's: Sorenson will be participating in two activities involving the children of St. Jude Children's Research Hospital. On Friday morning, along with several other drivers, he will be touring the hospital, visiting with the children and their families and signing autographs from 9 to 10 a.m.
Sorenson will also be participating in a remote control car race on Friday after the final practice. Six drivers will be paired up with children from St. Jude's to compete against one another. The driver and child will each run 10 laps with the RC cars, the drivers will sign the cars and give them to the children. The race will take place on the frontstretch at 5 p.m.
REED SORENSON QUOTES:
"I am really looking forward to Memphis this weekend. We had a great test here last week and I know the whole team is looking to win this weekend. I am also going to be doing some activities with the children from St Jude's this weekend. I am going to go to the hospital and visit and I am being teamed up with a child for RC car races this weekend. I know Chip Ganassi Racing with Felix Sabates along with our IRL teams donate a lot to St. Jude Children's Research Hospital, so I am looking forward to getting a chance to help out as well."