MATT KENSETH'S BUSCH SERIES DARLINGTON RECORD Spring Race Date Start Finish Laps $Won Status 3/20/99 9 1 147/147 45,200 Running 3/21/98 13 4 147/147 23,425 ...
MATT KENSETH'S BUSCH SERIES DARLINGTON RECORD Spring Race Date Start Finish Laps $Won Status 3/20/99 9 1 147/147 45,200 Running 3/21/98 13 4 147/147 23,425 Running
Fall Race Date Start Finish Laps $Won Status 9/05/98 11 6 147/147 16,700 Running 8/30/97 14 12 147/147 7,050 Running
· Matt Kenseth grabbed his first win of the season for DEWALT Tools in March at Darlington Raceway. Kenseth has gone on to capture four wins this year, including last weekend's night race at Bristol Motor Speedway.
· Matt moved to within 69 points of Dale Earnhardt Jr. in the championship points race after his win at Bristol. The series has eight races remaining in the season to determine the championship title.
· Kenseth will be making his second Winston Cup start of 1999 with Roush Racing and DEWALT Tools in the Pepsi Southern 500 on Sunday. Matt grabbed a 14th place finish at Michigan Speedway on Aug. 22 in his DEWALT Tools/Roush Racing Winston Cup debut. Kenseth will be competing in three more Winston Cup races in 1999 including Dover, Charlotte and Rockingham.
· Matt Kenseth tested at Darlington in his Winston Cup car on September 24 & 25 in preparation for the Pepsi Southern 500.
· Matt practiced and qualified Bobby Labonte's #18 Pontiac at Darlington last spring after Bobby Labonte broke his shoulder in a Busch Series practice session. Bobby started the Winston Cup race but turned over the wheel to Kenseth after the second caution flag of the race. Matt went on to capture a 10th place finish for Joe Gibbs Racing.