LOUDON, NH --- The phrase "win two in a row" will have a double meaning for the driver of the Team Marines / Timberland PRO Series Ford Taurus this weekend at the New Hampshire International Speedway. Not only will the White House, TN resident...
LOUDON, NH --- The phrase "win two in a row" will have a double meaning for the driver of the Team Marines / Timberland PRO Series Ford Taurus this weekend at the New Hampshire International Speedway. Not only will the White House, TN resident be looking for two wins in a row following last week's win at the Chicagoland Speedway, he will also be looking for his second consecutive Busch Series win at "The Magic Mile."
Last Saturday, Hamilton, Jr. dominated the NASCAR Busch Series race, leading 186 of 200 laps enroute to his second win of the season. In May 2002, Hamilton, Jr. also dominated the field at New Hampshire International Speedway, leading on four occasions for 81 laps as he drove to his first career Busch Series win.
"We are all looking forward to defending our title in New Hampshire on Saturday," Hamilton, Jr. said. "We had to drive our way from the back of the field to the front last season to win the race, but the Team Marines Ford was awesome that day. My crew chief, Harold Holly has built a new Ford Taurus for this weekend and if it is anything close to the cars he has built for us already, we will have a great shot at winning two in a row."
The weekend will also see the Team Marines / Timberland PRO Series Ford take on a new paint scheme. The familiar shade of red on the # 25 Ford Taurus will be replaced by the orange and black colors of Timberland PRO Series.
"We really want to give Timberland PRO Series a great run this weekend," Hamilton, Jr. said. "They have an awesome line of products and have been a great supporter of our entire racing team."
Everyone at Timberland PRO is looking forward to an exciting weekend of racing.
"Team Rensi Motorsports and Bobby Hamilton Jr. are great brand ambassadors for the Timberland PRO Series," said Ted Lund, Brand Manager, Timberland PRO Series. "Just like Timberland PRO work boots and work wear, Team Rensi is built to perform. We look forward to watching Bobby and Team Rensi race the Timberland PRO Series Ford into victory lane. "
The New Hampshire 200 will take the green flag Saturday at 1:00pm EDT. TNT and Motor Racing Network will provide live coverage of the event.
* Bobby Hamilton, Jr. will appear live on Trackside on Speed Channel Friday night. Trackside will be filmed live from Victory Lane at the New Hampshire International Speedway.
* Hamilton, Jr.'s win at Chicagoland Speedway marked the first win of the year by a Busch Series driver at a companion Busch-Winston Cup weekend. Todd Bodine won earlier in the year at Darlington, but Bodine also competes full time in the NASCAR Winston Cup Series.
* With his win, Hamilton, Jr. now stands just 157 points away from first place Scott Riggs in the NASCAR Busch Series Point's Championship.
* Since joining the Team Marines Ford as crew chief six races ago, Harold Holly has led Hamilton, Jr. to finishes of sixth, fifth, first, tenth, 22nd, and first.
* Kyle Power, rear tire changer for Bobby Hamilton, Jr. and The Team Marines Racing Team lists his hometown as Lyme, NH.