Shane Hmiel / Braun Racing Quick Facts: - Shane Hmiel won his first NASCAR Craftsman Truck race at LVMS in 2004 - Braun Racing tested Las Vegas Motor Speedway February 2-3 - BR06 is the same car that Jamie McMurray drove to victory lane at...
Shane Hmiel / Braun Racing Quick Facts:
- Shane Hmiel won his first NASCAR Craftsman Truck race at LVMS in 2004
- Braun Racing tested Las Vegas Motor Speedway February 2-3
- BR06 is the same car that Jamie McMurray drove to victory lane at Rockingham in 2004
- Shane Hmiel drove BR06 to a 3rd place finish at California Speedway two weeks ago
- Braun Racing is still in the process of appealing NASCAR's suspension of crew chief Todd Lohse, who will be in Las Vegas this weekend
Shane Hmiel about returning to Las Vegas Motor Speedway:
"I'm really looking forward to going to Las Vegas this weekend. It was awesome to finally break through and get my first Craftsman Truck series win there last year. I really feel like we have a good shot to put our WINFUEL Chevrolet in victory lane there in Vegas. Hopefully I can also get my first Busch Series win at Las Vegas Motor Speedway. The car that we are taking is the same one that I finished 3rd in at California a few weeks ago, so it is definitely one of my favorites. We came so close to pulling off the win in California, and it makes me really excited going into Vegas."
Hmiel about chasing after his first NASCAR Busch Series win:
"I know that my WINFUEL team gives me a real shot at winning each week. It's just a matter of time until all of our hard work pays off and we get our first win. My sponsor WINFUEL is ALL about Winning, and so is this Braun Racing team. Our ultimate goal for this season is to win the Busch Series championship, but we also want to win a lot of races along the way. This is the first time in my career that I have had all of the pieces in place to really make my mark."