* Back from last weekend's south-of-the-border expedition to Mexico City's downtown road circuit, Aaron Fike and his ...
* Back from last weekend's south-of-the-border expedition to Mexico City's downtown road circuit, Aaron Fike and his #43 RFMS/Curb Agajanian Performance Group (CAPG) Dodge team come to the Las Vegas Motor Speedway 1.5-mile tri-oval for Saturday's NASCAR Busch Series Sam's Town 300.
* It will be Fike's 41st career NBS start and his second at Las Vegas. He made his first NBS start of the 2005 season here a year ago this weekend, qualifying 24th and running extremely well in the #43 CAPG Dodge before effects of a battery problem during the race eventually sent him three laps down.
* Last weekend, at the nine-turn, 2.5-mile Autodromo Hermanos Rodriguez circuit in Mexico City, the 23-year-old out of Galesburg, Ill., survived his first-ever NBS road course race by securing a 28th-place finish.
* Fike's career-best NBS finish is eighth last July at Pikes Peak. His best NBS qualifying effort of second came at this year's season-opening event at Daytona.
AARON FIKE QUOTES ON LAS VEGAS -- "Mission accomplished down in Mexico last weekend. Now, it's back to business on a couple of mile-and-a-half ovals these next two weekends and our big chance to move ourselves up about 10 or 20 spots in the points. That's very possible for us. We survived my first road-course race last weekend without a scratch. We had a pretty good run at Las Vegas last year. This year, with Evernham power and a year of experience under our belts, I think we can turn up the heat and make a run for a top finish. Our pit stops in Mexico were awesome. If we keep that up, it will go a long way toward keeping us in the hunt as far as track position this weekend. That's extremely important on these mile-and-a-half ovals. I'm looking forward to getting back out there."