15 things you should know about Jason Keller. DURING THE 2002 SEASON, KELLER... * Led the Busch Series point standings since he first started running the series full-time in 1994. * Improved his season-average qualifying effort to ninth....
15 things you should know about Jason Keller.
DURING THE 2002 SEASON, KELLER...
* Led the Busch Series point standings since he first started running the series full-time in 1994.
* Improved his season-average qualifying effort to ninth. After the Nashville race in 2001, Keller's average qualifying run was 22nd.
* Got his first top-five finish at a superspeedway with a fourth-place finish at Daytona.
AS FOR HIS BUSCH SERIES CAREER, KELLER...
* Has six career victories, with New Hampshire being the longest track of the six at 1.058 miles. Keller's five other victories came at Rockingham (1.017 miles), Dover (1 mile), two at Indianapolis (.686 miles) and one at Bristol (.533 miles).
* Became only the third Busch driver to earn over $5 million in career earnings following his win in Rockingham in February of 2002.
* Captured his 100th top-10 finish at North Carolina Speedway on November 3, 2001 and his 50th top-five finish at Nashville last weekend.
* Believes in a few superstitions, such as eating Chinese food the night before a race, wearing a new Hank Parker Jr. t-shirt under his firesuit and wearing the same Nike driving shoes as Michael Schumacher
* Began working with crew chief Steve Addington 15 years ago at Riverside Speedway in Travelers Rest, S.C. The two met after competing against one another on the short tracks.
* Is a two-time national go-kart champion.
PERSONALLY SPEAKING, KELLER...
* Met his wife of nine years, Deborah, at the dentist's office. She was his dental hygienist.
* Has two children Joe (5), who shares Keller's birthday, and Jade (3), who was born on Joe Keller's (Jason's father) birthday.
* Will celebrate his 32nd birthday on April 23.
* Hosts an annual golf tournament - this year's tournament was April 15, 2002 -- to benefit Cystic Fibrosis research. Keller's nine-year-old niece was born with CF.
* Majored in Business Marketing at Clemson University.
* Lists Chinese as his favorite food, his favorite dessert is ice cream and his favorite television show is Fear Factor.