* Shane Hmiel was the RaybestosÂ® Rookie of the Race in the MBNA All-American Heroes 200 at Dover International Speedway. Hmiel finished 10th, his sixth top-10 of the 2002 season and took home top RaybestosÂ® Rookie honors for the fifth time...
* Shane Hmiel was the Raybestos® Rookie of the Race in the MBNA All-American Heroes 200 at Dover International Speedway. Hmiel finished 10th, his sixth top-10 of the 2002 season and took home top Raybestos® Rookie honors for the fifth time this season and for the first time since the GNC Live Well 250 at The Milwaukee Mile. The Milwaukee event was Hmiel's most recent top-10 finish.
* Raybestos® Rookie Brian Vickers had a good weekend at Dover. Vickers was the highest qualifying Raybestos® Rookie earning the fourth starting position (his best start of the season). He backed up his strong run in time trials with a 13th place finish in the race. Vickers completed all 200 laps of the event.
* No Raybestos® Rookie led at lap at Dover Saturday, the fourth consecutive Busch Series race in 2002 where no first year driver has led a lap. The most recent rookie to lead a lap is Scott Riggs at Michigan. No first year driver led a lap in either Busch Series race at Dover in 2002.
* Leading Raybestos® Rookie Contender Scott Riggs joined Hmiel and Vickers as the only rookies to finish on the lead lap at Dover. Riggs placed 14th but maintains a commanding lead in the Raybestos® Rookie standings. He leads Johnny Sauter by 64 points (283-219) entering the Mr. Goodcents 300 at Kansas Speedway.
* Kerry Earnhardt was the only Raybestos® Rookie that failed to finish at Dover. He was involved in an accident and was credited with a 39th place finish. The rest of the class: Johnny Sauter (16th), Kasey Kahne (19th), and Casey Mears (22nd).
* Riggs has led more miles than any other Raybestos® Rookie this season. In 27 starts, he has led 17 times in 10 races for 461.03 miles.
* Riggs is sixth in Busch Series points, 39 behind fifth place Mike McLaughlin and 119 behind fourth place Jack Sprague. Riggs holds a 22 point advantage on seventh place Kenny Wallace and 116 on eighth place Jamie McMurray.
* Three Raybestos® Rookies have won at least one pole position this season: Hmiel (2), Riggs (2), and Sauter (1).
* With his win in the Tropicana Twister 300 at Chicagoland Speedway, Johnny Sauter became the first of the Sauter brothers (Jay and Tim) to win a NASCAR Busch Series race.
* Entering the Kansas event, four Raybestos® Rookies have started all 27 Busch Series races this season: Riggs, Hmiel, Mears, and Earnhardt.
* 2001 Raybestos® Rookie of the Year Greg Biffle was the rookie of the race in the 2001 Mr. Goodcents 300. Biffle finished third and was the only freshman driver to finish inside the top-10 and on the lead lap.
* All four Raybestos® Rookies entered in the Kansas race were running at the finish of the event: Biffle, Scott Wimmer (17th), Jamie McMurray (19th), and Larry Foyt (30th).
* No Raybestos® Rookie led a lap last year at Kansas.
* Larry Foyt was the highest qualifying Raybestos® Rookie at Kansas, taking the eighth starting position. He edged out Biffle (who started ninth) for the honor.
RAYBESTOS ROOKIE CONTENDER POINT STANDINGS
DRIVER POINTS Scott Riggs 283 Johnny Sauter 219 Shane Hmiel 203 Kerry Earnhardt 181 Casey Mears 176 Kasey Kahne 124 Brian Vickers 115 Dan Pardus 69
HIGHEST FINISHING RAYBESTOS ROOKIE BY RACE
EVENT HIGHEST FINISHING ROOKIE EAS/GNC Live Well 300 Shane Hmiel, fifth 1-866-RBCTerm.com 200 Scott Riggs, fourth Sam's Town 300 Johnny Sauter, third DarlingtonRaceway.com 200 Johnny Sauter, 11th Channellock 250 Scott Riggs, ninth O'Reilly 300 Scott Riggs, fourth Pepsi 300 Scott Riggs, first Aaron's 312 Casey Mears, fifth Auto Club 300 Scott Riggs, first Hardee's 250 Brian Vickers, seventh Busch 200 Shane Hmiel, fourth Stacker 2 200 Scott Riggs, second CARQUEST Auto Parts 300 Scott Riggs, third MBNA 200 Scott Riggs, 11th Inside Traxx 300 Shane Hmiel, ninth Kroger 300 Scott Riggs, fourth GNC Live Well 250 Shane Hmiel, sixth Stacker 2/GNC Live Well 250 Johnny Sauter, sixth Tropicana Twister 300 Johnny Sauter, first Charter Pipeline 250 Johnny Sauter, 11th NetZero 250 Scott Riggs, 16th Kroger 200 Johnny Sauter, fourth Cabela's 250 Scott Riggs, sixth Food City 250 Scott Riggs, 18th Gatorade 200 Scott Riggs, 10th FUNAI 250 Kasey Kahne, 15th MBNA All-American Heroes 200 Shane Hmiel, 10th