* Johnny Sauter was the RaybestosÂ® Rookie of the Race in the Stacker 2/GNC Live Well 250 at Daytona International Speedway. He finished sixth, his second top-10 of the season and first top-10 since Las Vegas in March. Sauter took top finishing...
* Johnny Sauter was the Raybestos® Rookie of the Race in the Stacker 2/GNC Live Well 250 at Daytona International Speedway. He finished sixth, his second top-10 of the season and first top-10 since Las Vegas in March. Sauter took top finishing rookie honors for the third time this season, and the first time since the DarlingtonRaceway.com 200 in March.
* Sauter was the only Raybestos® Rookie to lead a lap at Daytona. Sauter led once for one lap, the first lap he has led since Talladega in April.
* Scott Riggs maintains a comfortable lead the in the Raybestos® Rookie standings over Shane Hmiel. Entering Saturday's Tropicana Twister 300 at Chicagoland Speedway, he holds a 68 point advantage (241-173) over Hmiel.
* Sauter was one of three Raybestos® Rookies to finish on the lead lap at Daytona: Riggs (15th) and Casey Mears (16th) were the others. Shane Hmiel was the only other freshman driver running at the finish of the race, coming away with a 34th place finish. Accidents eliminated the cars of Kasey Kahne (25th) and Kerry Earnhardt (38th) while ignition problems sidelined Dan Pardus (41st).
* Riggs remained fourth in Busch Series points, 143 behind leader Greg Biffle. He is 98 behind third place Jack Sprague and 104 behind second place Jason Keller. Riggs holds a 136 point advantage over fifth place Scott Wimmer.
* Riggs was the highest qualifying Raybestos® Rookie at Daytona, earning the seventh starting position. He was the only first year driver to start inside the top-10.
* Riggs has led more miles than any other Raybestos® Rookie Contender. He has led 11 times in seven races (202 laps) for a total of 311.55 miles. The rest of the class: Hmiel (67.87), Sauter (53.12), and Mears (6.00).
* Three Raybestos® Rookies have won at least one pole position this season: Hmiel (2), Riggs (2), and Sauter (1).
* Entering the Tropicana Twister 300, four Raybestos® Rookies have started all 18 Busch Series races this season: Riggs, Hmiel, Mears, and Earnhardt.
* Dan Pardus is the only member of the 2002 Raybestos® Rookie class that competed in last year's inaugural race at Chicagoland Speedway. Pardus started 35th and finished 36th after being sideline by an accident midway through the race.
* Scott Wimmer was the Raybestos® Rookie of the Race in last year's event at Chicagoland, collecting a 13th place finish. Wimmer was the only rookie to complete all 200 laps of the race.
* Greg Biffle was the only Raybestos® Rookie to lead a lap in the race. He held the top spot once for 18 laps.
* Five Raybestos® Rookies started last year's race and three were running at the finish: Wimmer, Jamie McMurray (20th) and Larry Foyt (22nd). David Donohue (34th) and Biffle (39th) were both sidelined by accidents.
* Biffle was the highest qualifying Raybestos® Rookie, earning the seventh starting position. He was the only rookie to start in the top-10.
<pre> RAYBESTOS ROOKIE CONTENDER POINT STANDINGS
DRIVER POINTS Scott Riggs 241 Shane Hmiel 173 Johnny Sauter 165 Casey Mears 154 Kerry Earnhardt 153 Brian Vickers 71 Kasey Kahne 62 Dan Pardus 55
HIGHEST FINISHING RAYBESTOS ROOKIE BY RACE
EVENT HIGHEST FINISHING ROOKIE EAS/GNC Live Well 300 Shane Hmiel, fifth 1-866-RBCTerm.com 200 Scott Riggs, fourth Sam's Town 300 Johnny Sauter, third DarlingtonRaceway.com 200 Johnny Sauter, 11th Channellock 250 Scott Riggs, ninth O'Reilly 300 Scott Riggs, fourth Pepsi 300 Scott Riggs, first Aaron's 312 Casey Mears, fifth Auto Club 300 Scott Riggs, first Hardee's 250 Brian Vickers, seventh Busch 200 Shane Hmiel, fourth Stacker 2 200 Scott Riggs, second CARQUEST Auto Parts 300 Scott Riggs, third MBNA 200 Scott Riggs, 11th Inside Traxx 300 Shane Hmiel, ninth Kroger 300 Scott Riggs, fourth GNC Live Well 250 Shane Hmiel, sixth Stacker 2/GNC Live Well 250 Johnny Sauter, sixth