* Scott Riggs was the RaybestosÂ® Rookie of the Race in the NetZero 250 at Pikes Peak International Raceway. Riggs finished 16th and took top finishing rookie honors for the 10th time this season. * Riggs maintains a commanding lead in the...
* Scott Riggs was the Raybestos® Rookie of the Race in the NetZero 250 at Pikes Peak International Raceway. Riggs finished 16th and took top finishing rookie honors for the 10th time this season.
* Riggs maintains a commanding lead in the Raybestos® Rookie standings. He leads Johnny Sauter by 63 points (260-197) entering the Kroger 200 at Indianapolis Raceway Park.
* All six Raybestos® Rookies that started the Pikes Peak event were running at the finish: Riggs, Kerry Earnhardt (18th), Brian Vickers (21st), Shane Hmiel (24th), Casey Mears (25th) and Johnny Sauter (34th).
* No Raybestos® Rookie led a lap at Pikes Peak.
* Riggs is fourth in Busch Series points, 146 behind third place Jack Sprague. He is 32 points ahead of fifth place Scott Wimmer and 57 in front of sixth place Mike McLaughlin.
* Casey Mears was the highest qualifying Raybestos® Rookie at Pikes Peak, claiming the 16th starting position. Mears took the highest qualifying rookie honor for the second consecutive race and for the fourth time overall this season.
* Riggs has led more miles than any other Raybestos® Rookie Contender this season. He has led 13 times in eight races (252 laps) for a total of 386.55 miles.
* Three Raybestos® Rookies have won at least one pole position this season: Hmiel (2), Riggs (2), and Sauter (1).
* With his win in the Tropicana Twister 300 at Chicagoland Speedway, Sauter became the first of the Sauter brothers (Jay and Tim) to win a NASCAR Busch Series race.
* Entering the Kroger 200, four Raybestos® Rookies have started all 21 Busch Series races this season: Riggs, Hmiel, Mears, and Earnhardt.
* Brian Vickers is the only member of this year's Raybestos® Rookie class that has Busch Series experience at Indianapolis Raceway Park. He started 27th and finished 32nd in the 2001 Kroger 200. He was running at the finish of the event.
* 2001 Raybestos® Rookie of the Year Greg Biffle was the Raybestos® Rookie of the Race in last year's Kroger 200 at Indianapolis Raceway Park. Biffle finished second, 1.246 seconds behind race winner Kevin Harvick. It was one of 16 top-five finishes Biffle would record during the season.
* Biffle led the Kroger 200 once for 107 laps, most of any driver. He was one of just four drivers to lead a lap in the event.
* Jamie McMurray had a solid run at Indianapolis Raceway Park, scoring a 10th place finish completing all 200 laps. McMurray and Biffle were the only Raybestos® Rookies to finish on the lead lap in the Kroger 200.
* The night was not kind to Larry Foyt and Scott Wimmer. Foyt finished 27th but was running at the finish of the race. Wimmer was not so lucky, parking his car after an accident. He was credited with 31st in the final finishing order.
* Biffle was also the highest qualifying Raybestos® Rookie at Raceway Park, taking the second starting position behind pole winner Kenny Wallace. He was the only first year driver to start inside the top-20.
RAYBESTOS ROOKIE CONTENDER POINT STANDINGS
DRIVER POINTS Scott Riggs 260 Johnny Sauter 197 Shane Hmiel 190 Kerry Earnhardt 168 Casey Mears 166 Brian Vickers 91 Kasey Kahne 76 Dan Pardus 58
HIGHEST FINISHING RAYBESTOS ROOKIE BY RACE
EVENT HIGHEST FINISHING ROOKIE EAS/GNC Live Well 300 Shane Hmiel, fifth 1-866-RBCTerm.com 200 Scott Riggs, fourth Sam's Town 300 Johnny Sauter, third DarlingtonRaceway.com 200 Johnny Sauter, 11th Channellock 250 Scott Riggs, ninth O'Reilly 300 Scott Riggs, fourth Pepsi 300 Scott Riggs, first Aaron's 312 Casey Mears, fifth Auto Club 300 Scott Riggs, first Hardee's 250 Brian Vickers, seventh Busch 200 Shane Hmiel, fourth Stacker 2 200 Scott Riggs, second CARQUEST Auto Parts 300 Scott Riggs, third MBNA 200 Scott Riggs, 11th Inside Traxx 300 Shane Hmiel, ninth Kroger 300 Scott Riggs, fourth GNC Live Well 250 Shane Hmiel, sixth Stacker 2/GNC Live Well 250 Johnny Sauter, sixth Tropicana Twister 300 Johnny Sauter, first Charter Pipeline 250 Johnny Sauter, 11th NetZero 250 Scott Riggs, 16th