Jason Keller Notes: * Jason Keller captured his first pole position since 1999 last Friday at Pikes Peak International Raceway en route to a third-place finish. It was Keller's first pole position in the Albertsons Ford and his eighth ...
Jason Keller Notes:
* Jason Keller captured his first pole position since 1999 last Friday at Pikes Peak International Raceway en route to a third-place finish. It was Keller's first pole position in the Albertsons Ford and his eighth career pole position.
* Keller has two wins, one pole, four top fives and six top 10s in eight starts at Indianapolis Raceway Park. Keller won from the pole in 1999.
* If Keller wins this weekend at IRP in his No. 57 Albertsons Ford, it would be the first win at the track for the manufacturer.
* Keller has led laps in 10 races already this season - a career best. His 617 laps led in 2002 are second only to Greg Biffle with 619.
* Keller remains second in the championship point standings, 77 points behind Biffle.
Jason Keller Quotes:
The Quest For Number Three... Keller is one of only two drivers that have multiple wins at IRP in the Busch Series. This weekend he will be challenging for his third win to tie Morgan Shepard with most wins at the track.
"IRP will always hold a special place in my heart," said Keller. "It was the sight of my first Busch Series win. Back then it was just my dad and I trying to make it in the industry. It was an indescribable feeling sitting in victory lane with him that day.
"I have had good luck and great cars over the years at IRP. It has been the type of track that suits my driving style. It has changed quite a bit over the years, but we've been able to compensate and remain successful. This team really knows how to manage the one-day event and that has been instrumental in our success. They have it down to the minute when we need to practice for qualifying and when to practice in race trim."