KESELOWSKI READY TO FINISH OFF SEASON WITH SOLID RUN AT HOMESTEAD * The JR Motorsports' No. 88 Navy Chevrolet team is prepared to make its return to Homestead-Miami Speedway this weekend, two years after the team made its NASCAR Busch Series...
KESELOWSKI READY TO FINISH OFF SEASON WITH SOLID RUN AT HOMESTEAD
* The JR Motorsports' No. 88 Navy Chevrolet team is prepared to make its return to Homestead-Miami Speedway this weekend, two years after the team made its NASCAR Busch Series debut at the 1.5-mile track. The team made its first start at the speedway in 2005 as a precursor to its first full season of Busch Series competition in 2006.
* Homestead-Miami Speedway is also a special track for Brad Keselowski, driver of the No. 88 Navy Accelerate Your Life Chevrolet Monte Carlo. In 2003 he turned his first-ever laps on a speedway at Homestead during a Truck Series test session.
* Keselowski has since competed in three events at Homestead, one in the Busch Series and two in Truck Series competition. His best finish at the track is 22nd.
* Since joining JR Motorsports in July, Keselowski has four starts at 1.5-mile tracks. His average finish in those four races is 16.8. Prior to joining JR Motorsports he had eight starts at 1.5-mile tracks for another team and his average finish was 33.4.
* The No. 88 Navy Chevrolet team has two previous starts at Homestead. The team's best finish at the track is 20th.
* In the nine Busch Series races at 1.5-mile tracks this season the No. 88 team has scored one top five, three top 10s and five top-15 finishes.
* For Saturday's 300-mile race at Homestead-Miami Speedway the JR Motorsports team will run chassis No. JRM 030. This is the same car that Keselowski drove to a sixth-place finish two weeks ago at Texas Motor Speedway.
* Last weekend at Phoenix International Raceway, Keselowski finished 21st in the Arizona Travel 200.
* Heading into the season finale at Homestead, the No. 88 Navy team has racked up one top five, nine top 10s and 16 top-15 finishes. Despite only driving the Navy Chevy in 13 of the 34 races, Keselowski has scored five of the team's top 10s and eight of the top-15 finishes.
Brad Keselowski, Driver, No. 88 Navy Accelerate Your Life Chevrolet Monte Carlo
"Homestead is a great track. I made my first laps on a speedway there back in 2003. It was the week after the season finale and we tested a Truck there. It was really cool to get out there and experience running at that type of track and at higher speeds than I'd run before.
"We've had some really good runs in the U.S. Navy Chevrolet in the second half of the season. We've been developing some consistency and running up front more and more. I plan on finishing out the season with another great run at Homestead."