Jamie McMurray, No. 64 Top-Flite Dodge Top-Flite Racing Fast Facts: * Chassis -- Jamie McMurray and the Top-Flite race team are bringing chassis ...
Jamie McMurray, No. 64 Top-Flite Dodge
Top-Flite Racing Fast Facts:
* Chassis -- Jamie McMurray and the Top-Flite race team are bringing chassis # 6403 to compete in Saturday's NASCAR Busch Series race at California Speedway. This is the same car McMurray and RWI Racing scored a second-place finish with in the season-ending race last year at Homestead-Miami Speedway.
* Busch Series Stats -- 2005 marks the sixth season McMurray will compete in the NASCAR Busch Series. In 102 Busch Series starts, McMurray has posted seven victories, 18 top-five and 35 top-10 finishes, along with one pole. McMurray posted three Busch Series victories with three different teams during the 2004 season.
* Fontana Facts -- In four NASCAR Busch Series starts at California Speedway, McMurray has posted one top-five and two top-10 finishes.
* Driving to the Top -- For 2005, McMurray will sport the colors of Top-Flite for RWI Racing in the Busch Series. This marks the first time a golf company has entered the world of NASCAR racing. McMurray will compete in 14 races this season behind the wheel of the No. 64 Top-Flite Dodge.
McMurray competed in seven Busch Series races with RWI Racing in 2004, scoring a victory at Darlington Raceway and posting three top-five and four top-10 finishes, along with one pole award.
* On the Tube -- McMurray will appear as an in-studio guest Wednesday on the television show "Best Damn Sports Show Period" on FOX Sports NET.
Jamie McMurray Quotes:
"I'm really excited about getting behind the wheel of the Top-Flite Dodge this weekend in Fontana. Rusty (Wallace, team owner) has put together a great team and Blake (Bainbridge, crew chief) has worked hard to give us some great race cars for this season. We're running the same chassis we finished second with at Homstead last November, so I know it's a great racecar.
I'm also looking forward to giving everyone at Top-Flite a reason to cheer on Saturday. It's cool to be associated with a new sponsor in NASCAR. I've had the chance to do a few appearances for them already this year, and it's great to see the excitement around this program. I have no doubt we're going to have a great season in the Top-Flite Dodge."