* America's Tire: Casey Mears will make his debut in the No. 41 America's Tire NASCAR Busch Series car this weekend at California Speedway. America's Tire Co. -- predominantly known as Discount Tire Co. in most parts of the country -- is the...
* America's Tire: Casey Mears will make his debut in the No. 41 America's Tire NASCAR Busch Series car this weekend at California Speedway. America's Tire Co. -- predominantly known as Discount Tire Co. in most parts of the country -- is the world's largest independent tire and wheel retailer.
* Appearance: Mears and Ganassi driver Reed Sorenson will be appearing with the America's Tire showcar on Thursday, September 2 at Ontario Mills Mall in Ontario, Calif. The two drivers will be signing autographs from 4 pm to 6 pm.
* California Facts: Mears has driven in four different series in two styles of cars at California Speedway. He has raced in CART, Indy Lights, Busch and NEXTEL Cup Series cars at what he considers his home track in Fontana. His most memorable race at California Speedway came in his CART Series debut when he ran a third car for Team Rahal and finished fourth in 2000. He has competed in only one NASCAR Busch Series event at the Speedway where he finished 29th in 2002.
* Chassis: Crew chief Brian Pattie and the America's Tire Team are bringing chassis #452 with them to California Speedway for the Target House 300. This is the same chassis that Jamie McMurray drove at Michigan just two weeks ago. McMurray was running in the top 10 when engine trouble forced him behind the wall.
* Tire Fast Fact: Rotating your tires periodically is an essential part of tire maintenance. The main purpose of regularly rotating tires is to achieve more uniform wear for all tires on the vehicle. If no rotation period or pattern is to be found in your owner's documentation, rotate your tires at least every 6,000 miles.
Casey Mears Quote:
"I'm eager to return to Fontana, it always feel like a homecoming," said Mears. "I love the fast tracks like California Speedway, they seem to suit my driving style best. I'm really excited to be running the America's Tire car this weekend. Jamie (McMurray) and Reed (Sorenson) have proved how competitive our Busch team is, so I really feel like we will be a contender this weekend."