No. 41 TEAM FACTS: * Did You Know?: This will be the third concrete track that the Discount Tire team will travel to. Sorenson is averaging second-place finishes on concrete tracks after races at Nashville and Bristol. * Rad ...
No. 41 TEAM FACTS:
* Did You Know?: This will be the third concrete track that the Discount Tire team will travel to. Sorenson is averaging second-place finishes on concrete tracks after races at Nashville and Bristol.
* Rad Rookies?: Sorenson was the top finishing Busch Series regular last weekend at Charlotte and he also was the top finishing rookie for the seventh time this season. This season a rookie has finished in the top-10 in all 13 Busch Series races. Sorenson has done that in seven of the 13 races.
* Busch Series Points Standings: Sorenson gained a lot of ground with his fifth place finish this weekend. With the top two drivers in the standings having trouble Sorenson is only three points out of second and only 174 points out of the top spot.
* Rookie of the Year: Sorenson currently sits second in the rookie of the year race, he made up 12 points last weekend to be just 24 points behind leader Carl Edwards. The rookie points are determined by the top-16 finishes during the season.
* Chassis: The Discount Tire team will race chassis #452 in Dover this weekend. This is the same car that the Discount Tire team took to Atlanta in March.
Reed Sorenson Quotes:
"We definitely gained some momentum last weekend. The Discount Tire team had started to feel the pressure of getting the finishes we knew we were capable of and we did that in Charlotte. We went and tested at Dover earlier this season, which is good because I have never been to that track before. I think the test was successful but most of all it gave me a chance to run the track and get used to it. I am ready for another top-five finish this weekend and hopefully another win."