No. 41 TEAM FACTS: * Busch Series Points Standings: Reed Sorenson's seventh-place finish at Richmond International Raceway elevated him one spot to third in the NASCAR Busch Series championship point's standings. Sorenson trails leader...
No. 41 TEAM FACTS:
* Busch Series Points Standings: Reed Sorenson's seventh-place finish at Richmond International Raceway elevated him one spot to third in the NASCAR Busch Series championship point's standings. Sorenson trails leader Martin Truex by 286 points and second-place Clint Bowyer by 217 points.
* Rookie of the Year: Sorenson remains second behind Carl Edwards in the rookie of the year race (310-301). The rookie points are determined by each of the candidates top-16 finishes during the season.
* Racing Rookies: Sorenson became the first rookie to lead a lap in the September race at Richmond since Kevin Harvick led one lap in 2000. Sorenson led once for four laps and was the only first-year driver to lead in the race.
* Chassis: The Discount Tire team will race chassis #556 at Dover this weekend. This is the same car the team finished second with at Dover and fourth at Kentucky.
* Did You Know?: This will be the sixth time Sorenson will race on a concrete track. He has an fourth-place finish average on concrete tracks with two races at Nashville and Bristol and one race at Dover this season.
* Top Honors: Sorenson was the rookie of the race in the Emerson Radio 250 at Richmond (Va.) International Raceway two weeks ago. Sorenson finished seventh, his 15th top-10 finish in 28 starts this season. He has captured the top honors 14 times, the most of any freshman driver.
JIMMY ELLEDGE, INTERIM CREW CHIEF QUOTES:
How special would it be to win a Busch race with Reed after only working with him for three races?
"That's one of the team's goals, as well as a personal one. I've won races in the ARCA, Truck and Cup Series', and the Busch Series is missing from my resume. The No. 41 team has been working hard and has an opportunity to win in the final seven races. The team's got some good tracks coming up and a test at Kansas. I'll have a better feel for the cars and the team after testing with them for two days. I'm looking forward to the next three races, and I'd like to say that helped them achieve their goals this season by getting Reed and the Discount Tire Dodge to victory lane."