Jason Keller Dover Notes: Â· Albertsons Racing team driver Jason Keller is looking to capture his second win at Dover International Speedway and fifth of the season on Saturday. Keller's one win at Dover came in June of 2000 when he ...
Jason Keller Dover Notes:
· Albertsons Racing team driver Jason Keller is looking to capture his second win at Dover International Speedway and fifth of the season on Saturday. Keller's one win at Dover came in June of 2000 when he passed and beat current Winston Cup points leader Mark Martin to the checkered flag.
· Keller has one win, one pole, four top fives and seven top 10s in 17 starts at Dover.
· Keller will drive Albertsons Ford No. 5718 this weekend on Dover's concrete surface. Keller previously piloted this car at Dover in June, Las Vegas and both Nashville races.
Jason Keller's Road To The Championship:
Career Season Bests:
· Keller has captured 15 top-five finishes this season to date, which is a career best. This surpasses Keller's previous season best of 14 top fives in 2001.
· Keller and the Albertsons team have visited victory lane four times in 2002 including wins at Rockingham, Talladega, Richmond and Nazareth. Keller had never won more than two races in a season prior to 2002.
· Keller is averaging a sixth-place starting position this season. He has two pole positions (Pikes Peak and Bristol) and seven outside poles to his credit. Keller needs one more pole position to tie his personal best of three, which he has accomplished twice (1994 and 1999).
· Keller leads the Busch Series in laps led this season with 728. He has led in 13 different races this season.
NASCAR Busch Series Title Chase:
· Keller has been in the top five in points all season and has led the championship standings five times this season. Keller has been second since finishing fourth at Daytona on July 3.
· The point separation between Keller and current Busch Series leader Greg Biffle has remained unchanged for the three weeks heading to Dover. Keller sits second in the standings, 78 points behind Biffle.
· The 78 points between Keller and Biffle is the closest Keller has been in contention for the championship with eight races remaining in the season.
· The third-place competitor in the championship standings is 261 points behind Keller.