Reed Sorenson and the No. 41 Imation Dodge Team Facts: * Back in Purple: Reed Sorenson will be back in the driver's seat of the No. 41 Chip Ganassi with Felix Sabates (CGRFS) Busch Series Dodge this weekend at Dover International Speedway.
Reed Sorenson and the No. 41 Imation Dodge Team Facts:
* Back in Purple: Reed Sorenson will be back in the driver's seat of the No. 41 Chip Ganassi with Felix Sabates (CGRFS) Busch Series Dodge this weekend at Dover International Speedway. It will mark Sorenson's third start in the purple Dodge that carries the colors of the Imation Corporation and Memorex since the sponsors took center hood in late August at Bristol Motor Speedway. This weekend's run will make it number four for Imation and Memorex as primary sponsors on the Busch Series Dodge entry. CGRFS development driver Bryan Clauson made the sponsors' third start at Richmond International Raceway earlier this month.
* He's Down with Dover: Sorenson has a solid record at the track known as the "Monster Mile." In five NASCAR Busch Series (NBS) starts, Sorenson has two top-five finishes and four top-10 finishes. He isn't too shabby in the NEXTEL Cup garage either, posting an 11th-place effort last September and a 19th-place finish in June 2006. Sorenson averages a top-15 starting position and top-10 finish in Busch Series competition at Dover.
* Standings Update: The No. 41 Memorex team is still 16th in the overall NBS owner ranks, with a current tally of 2,834. The team is 75 points away from the 15th spot and 193 points out of the top 10.
* Chassis: The No. 41 Memorex team led by crew chief Brad Parrott is bringing chassis #654 to Dover this weekend. The last time chassis #654 raced was with Sorenson on board at California Speedway, where the team scored an 11th-place start and finish earlier this month. The same car was entered in a total of six NBS races in 2006. The most memorable run was at Chicagoland in July when Casey Mears drove the chassis to his first NASCAR victory. Juan Pablo Montoya also raced the same chassis to a 14th-place finish in the last Busch race of the 2006 season at Homestead-Miami Speedway in Homestead, Fla. Altogether, chassis #654 collected one win, three top-five and five top-15 finishes last year.
* When to Watch: The NBS RoadLoans.com 200 is scheduled to start at 3:30 p.m. ET Saturday. It will broadcast live on ESPN2 and MRN radio. Qualifying for the Dover 200-lap competition is scheduled to start at 12:05 p.m. ET Saturday and will broadcast live on SPEED (TV).
The No. 42 Memorex Dodge Team
* Third Time is the Charm?: A.J. Allmendinger will make his third start in the No. 42 Memorex Dodge for Chip Ganassi Racing with Felix Sabates (CGRFS) this Saturday at Dover International Speedway (DIS), which will mark his third career NASCAR Busch Series (NBS) start, as well. His last NBS outing turned out to be a strong one at Richmond International Raceway (RIR) where he and the No. 42 Memorex team quickly transformed a top-15 start into a top-10 run the majority of the night at the Virginia track. In the closing laps, Allmendinger's car was spun out which relegated the No. 42 Dodge outside the top 10 but in the remaining 10 laps Allmendinger maneuvered his way back inside the top 15 to score a 14th-place finish.
* Chassis: Crew chief Brian Pattie and the No. 42 Memorex team will run chassis #452 this weekend at DIS. The car most recently carried David Stremme and the No. 42 team to a top-10 start and top-15 finish at Bristol Motor Speedway in late August. The car also proved to be the No. 41 CGRFS Busch team's best chassis last season. With a total of six starts in 2006, the car tallied four top-five finishes and five top-10 finishes. The same chassis played a key part in the team's high point of 2006 when Reed Sorenson drove the car to two fourth-place finishes back-to-back in July at Martinsville (Va.) Speedway and Gateway International in St. Louis, Mo. Sorenson went on to record a second-place finish in early August at the O'Reilly Raceway Park in Indianapolis, Ind. The only time the chassis finished outside the top five was at Richmond International Raceway in May when the team practiced, qualified and raced inside the top 10 all day and night. Unfortunately, a late hit from another car sent the No. 41 CGRFS Dodge slamming into the outside wall and out of the race the remainder of the night (finished 36th).
* Standings Update: The No. 42 team's top-15 finish at RIR advanced the crew four positions forward in the NBS owner standings where the team is now 19th overall with a current tally of 2,792 points, just 117 away from the top 15.
BUSCH: Brewco Motorsports re-signs primary sponsor
BUSCH: Dover II: Greg Biffle preview
About this article
|Drivers||Juan Pablo Montoya|
|Teams||Chip Ganassi Racing|