CLINT BOWYER On to the Monster Mile HUNTERSVILLE, N.C. (May 30, 2006) -- The ACDelco race team hopes to leave the memories of Lowe's Motor Speedway (LMS) behind them as they head to Dover (Del.) International Speedway this weekend for ...
On to the Monster Mile
HUNTERSVILLE, N.C. (May 30, 2006) -- The ACDelco race team hopes to leave the memories of Lowe's Motor Speedway (LMS) behind them as they head to Dover (Del.) International Speedway this weekend for the Stonebridge.com 200 on Saturday, June 3, 2006. Bowyer's 36th place finish last weekend at LMS dropped the ACDelco driver one position in the NASCAR Busch Series drivers' point standings. He is currently in the third spot, 439 points out of the lead.
The ACDelco team has had a lot more luck at the Monster Mile then they have had at Lowe's. In two starts, they have an average starting position of fourth and an average finishing position of 10th at the concrete oval. Bowyer, who turns 27-years-old today, is looking forward to his third opportunity in his ACDelco Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS and hopes to finish one position better than what he was able to accomplish in the fall of last year (2nd).
Points of Interest...
* What Ya' Haulin'...The Real Car Guys will take chassis No. 19 to Dover International Speedway this weekend. They ran this chassis at Bristol Motor Speedway on March 25 where they started fourth and finished 12th. The team also ran it at five races during the 2005 season. It finished in the top-four at each event, bringing home a win at Memphis Motorsports Park, three second place finishes at Indianapolis Raceway Park, Dover Downs and Phoenix International Raceway, and one fourth place finish at Bristol Motor Speedway.
* Track Stat...Bowyer has raced twice at Dover. In his first full season of NASCAR Busch Series racing in 2005, Bowyer qualified in the top-five in the ACDelco Chevrolet for both races. After starting in the third position in June, he finished the race 19th. He then qualified fifth for the September race and came home second.
* Law of Averages...ACDelco driver Clint Bowyer and the ACDelco Real Car Guys have an average starting position of 10.8 for the 2006 race season versus 8.8 in 2005. They also have an average finishing position of 13.5 versus 12.3 last season.
* Points Chase...Bowyer dropped one position in the NASCAR Busch Series driver's points chase after his 36th place finish at Lowe's Motor Speedway. He is currently 439 points behind his teammate and points leader, Kevin Harvick, putting him third. The No. 2 ACDelco race team also lost one position and are now in third for the NASCAR Busch Series owners' points chase. They are 448 points behind their teammates in the No. 21 Coast Guard Chevrolet.
* Happy Birthday Clint...ACDelco driver Clint Bowyer turned 27-years-old on Tuesday, May 30.
* Start Time...Saturday's 200-lap event at Dover International Speedway is scheduled for 3:30 p.m. Eastern Daylight Time (EDT). Live television coverage of the race will begin on FX at 3:00 p.m. EDT, with live radio coverage beginning at the same time on your local MRN radio affiliate and XM Satellite Radio -- channel 144. Qualifying will be broadcast live on Saturday at 12:00 p.m. EDT on SPEED. Remember times and dates of the race may change, so check your local listings.
* Double Duty...ACDelco driver, Clint Bowyer will also be competing in the NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series for Richard Childress Racing in the No. 07 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS. He gained one position in the Cup point standings after his 19th place finish at Lowe's Motor Speedway and is currently in the 15th spot, 574 points out of the lead.
* "ACDelco Dream Garage Sweepstakes"... The ultimate "Real Car Guy" can win a dream garage makeover valued at more than $30,000 -- a $10,000 prize value increase over last year's value -- in the 2006 UCoatIt™ Dream Garage Sweepstakes presented by ACDelco. Until the 2006 winner is selected, prizes will be on display at select NHRA POWERade® Racing Series events and at ACDelco Warehouse Distributors across the United States. You can also see several 2006 ACDelco racing show cars. For a complete list of prizes and the official contest rules, please visit UCoat It online at ucoatit.com or contact ACDelco at 800-ACDelco or acdelco.com.
Clint Bowyer on Dover International Speedway...
What do you think of Dover's comparison to a "Bristol on Steroids?"
"That is exactly what it is. It's a one groove racetrack and it's real hard to pass there. Anytime you are running that fast, it makes passing more difficult. If you end up having to race the track instead of the cars around you, then making a pass is very difficult. If your car has a good set-up then passing shouldn't be a problem."