KASEY KAHNE QUOTES: "Larry Foyt tested for me here in January, so we'll probably spend the first bit of practice on Wednesday working on getting the car setup to my liking. Trip and the guys on my No. 9 Ragu/Ultimate Chargers Dodge Charger team...
KASEY KAHNE QUOTES:
"Larry Foyt tested for me here in January, so we'll probably spend the first bit of practice on Wednesday working on getting the car setup to my liking. Trip and the guys on my No. 9 Ragu/Ultimate Chargers Dodge Charger team do a great job preparing the cars, so we should be pretty good right off the hauler. We had a few good runs together toward the end of last year, so hopefully we can pick up on that success."
TRIP BRUCE QUOTES:
"Testing went really well here last month. Kasey (Kahne) had other obligations, so Larry Foyt tested the car for us. Our main concern was getting raceable, considering the impound rules and all. That means that qualifying doesn't mean that much we just had to get the car where Kasey can drive it."
"The guys on my crew are pretty much the same as last season which has helped in our preparation during the off-season. We ran quite a few races with Kasey last year, had a lot of success, and we hope that momentum continues. Overall, the lineup of drivers we have for the Ultimate Chargers Dodge Charger this season with Kasey Kahne, Scott Riggs and Jeremy Mayfield is incredible. We just can't wait to get it all started here at Daytona."
* Kasey Kahne will make his eighth-career NASCAR Busch Series start in the No. 9 Ragu/Ultimate Chargers Dodge Charger in Saturday's Hershey's Kissables 300 at Daytona International Speedway (DIS). In his previous seven attempts, Kahne collected one top-five and three top-10 finishes, and earned $233,311.
* In Kahne's last Busch race at DIS (July 2005), he started 14th and finished 25th.
* Saturday's race marks the first event for Unilever's new Ultimate Chargers program. The 2006 Ultimate Chargers team is the new name coined for the highly successful Hungry Drivers racing program of 2004 and 2005, where five Unilever brands teamed up to create a strategic multi-brand sponsorship program. Unilever brands' Ragu pasta sauce, Hellmann's mayonnaise, Shedd's Spread Country Crock chilled sides and meals, Lawry's seasoning/ spice blends and marinades and Lipton tea have all returned as sponsors of the Ultimate Chargers program. Joining the program as first year sponsors are four additional Unilever brands, Wisk laundry detergent, Snuggle fabric softener, Wish-Bone salad dressings, and Slim-Fast weight control products. Everham Motorsports drivers will take turns driving the No. 9 Ultimate Chargers Dodge Charger in its 23-race schedule.
* Saturday's race also marks the first Busch race for Evernham Motorsports with the No. 9. Last year the team ran the No. 6, but traded that number to Roush Racing at the end of the season for the No. 9 to align the Busch and Cup programs.
* The No. 9 Dodge Dealers/UAW Dodge Charger pit crew will pit the No. 9 Ragu/Ultimate Chargers Dodge Charger in Saturday's Busch race.