* Shane Hmiel was the RaybestosÂ® Rookie of the Race in the GNC Live Well 250 at The Milwaukee Mile. He finished sixth, his second top-10 in the last three races and his fifth top-10 of the 2002 season. Hmiel claimed top finishing rookie...
* Shane Hmiel was the Raybestos® Rookie of the Race in the GNC Live Well 250 at The Milwaukee Mile. He finished sixth, his second top-10 in the last three races and his fifth top-10 of the 2002 season. Hmiel claimed top finishing rookie honors for the fourth time in this season.
* Hmiel used his strong run at Milwaukee to cut 12 points off Scott Riggs' lead in the Raybestos® Rookie standings. Riggs leads Hmiel by 66 points (236-170) entering Friday night's Stacker 2/GNC Live Well 250 at Daytona International Speedway.
* Hmiel was the only Raybestos® Rookie to lead a lap at Milwaukee. He led once for two laps.
* Johnny Sauter had a good day at Milwaukee, coming away with a 12th place finish on the lead lap. Sauter and Hmiel were the only two Raybestos® Rookies that finished the race on the lead lap.
* Riggs had a tough day at Milwaukee, retiring after just 52 laps with engine failure. He was credited with a 37th place finish.
* Riggs dropped from second in Busch Series points to fourth, 137 behind leader Jack Sprague. He is 62 behind third place Jason Keller and 91 behind second place Greg Biffle. Riggs holds a 92 point advantage over fifth place Kenny Wallace.
* Riggs was the highest qualifying Raybestos® Rookie at Milwaukee, earning the sixth starting position. Johnny Sauter, who started ninth, was the only other rookie to start inside the top-10.
* Six Raybestos® Rookies started the race at Milwaukee and four were running at the finish of the race: Hmiel, Sauter, Casey Mears (19th), and Kerry Earnhardt (27th). Brian Vickers (28th) was sidelined by an accident while engine problems eliminated Scott Riggs (37th).
* Riggs has led more miles than any other Raybestos® Rookie Contender. Entering Sunday's race at Milwaukee. He has led 11 times in seven races (202 laps) for a total of 311.55 miles. The rest of the class: Hmiel (67.87), Sauter (50.62), and Mears (6.00).
* Three Raybestos® Rookies have won at least one pole position this season: Hmiel (2), Riggs (2), and Sauter (1).
* Entering the Stacker 2/GNC Live Well 250, four Raybestos® Rookies have started all 17 Busch Series races this season: Riggs, Hmiel, Mears, and Earnhardt.
RAYBESTOS ROOKIE CONTENDER POINT STANDINGS
DRIVER POINTS Scott Riggs 236 Shane Hmiel 170 Johnny Sauter 153 Kerry Earnhardt 152 Casey Mears 150 Brian Vickers 64 Kasey Kahne 55 Dan Pardus 54