JASON KELLER/ FORCE PROTECTION RACING TEAM FAST FACTS: * Jason Keller and the newly reorganized CJM Racing have joined forces to run a limited NASCAR Busch Series (NBS) schedule for the remainder of the 2007 season * South ...
JASON KELLER/ FORCE PROTECTION RACING TEAM FAST FACTS:
* Jason Keller and the newly reorganized CJM Racing have joined forces to run a limited NASCAR Busch Series (NBS) schedule for the remainder of the 2007 season
* South Carolina based Force Protection, Inc. has partnered with CJM Racing as a primary sponsor for the inaugural NBS event at Darlington
* CJM Racing team owners Bryan and Tony Mullet have recruited the help of former championship team owner Greg Pollex to manage the day-to-day operations of the Mooresville based team
* The revamped team brings about some old faces as it reunites Keller, Pollex, crew chief Todd Gordon and car chief Steve "Big Guy" Helwig. The Keller and Pollex pairing combined for nine wins, seven Busch Poles, 67 top-five and 112 top-10 finishes from 1998-2004
* Keller remains the all-time leader in NBS earnings with over $10 million heading into Darlington and will make his 403rd career start
* The No. 11 Force Protection team will be running chassis # 44 at Darlington; # 44 is a brand new chassis
* Keller has an average starting position of 19th and an average finishing position of 16th at the track 'too tough to tame'
* Jason will be available at the No. 11 CJM Racing hauler in Darlington at 3:00 pm on Friday, May 11th
JASON KELLER ON THE NEW RELATIONSHIP WITH CJM RACING:
"I'm ecstatic about this new opportunity. It was just last year that I sat and wondered what place I held in the NASCAR Busch Series. For this team and this crew to come together and support me means a great deal. Some of these guys I worked with back in the ppc Racing days and our performance together speaks volumes. I know it may take some time but I'm looking forward to building on our previous success."
JASON KELLER'S THOUGHTS ON HEADING INTO DARLINGTON RACEWAY:
"Of course it means a lot to be able to come back to (what is considered) my hometown track. I've had some good success at Darlington and I'm confident in our ability to make the race. We're also very excited to introduce our new sponsor Force Protection to the NBS. To be able to come into Darlington with new cars, very supportive team owners and crew plus a big name sponsor like Force Protection is a dream come true for myself and this organization."