* Scott Riggs was the RaybestosÂ® Rookie of the Race in the Food City 250 at Bristol Motor Speedway. Riggs finished 18th and has taken RaybestosÂ® Rookie of the Race honors 12 times this season. He has been top finishing rookie in three of the...
* Scott Riggs was the Raybestos® Rookie of the Race in the Food City 250 at Bristol Motor Speedway. Riggs finished 18th and has taken Raybestos® Rookie of the Race honors 12 times this season. He has been top finishing rookie in three of the last four Busch Series races.
* Riggs maintains a sizable lead in the Raybestos® Rookie standings. He leads Johnny Sauter by 63 points (277-214) entering Saturday's South Carolina 200 at Darlington Raceway.
* Riggs was also the highest qualifying Raybestos® Rookie at Bristol. He qualified second for the race just behind his teammate Jason Keller.
* No Raybestos® Rookie led a lap at Bristol.
* Riggs has led more miles than any other Raybestos® Rookie this season. In 24 races, he has led 17 times in 10 races for 461.03 miles.
* Three of the six Raybestos® Rookies that started the Bristol event were running at the finish of the race: Riggs, Shane Hmiel (24th), and Johnny Sauter (33rd). Oil pump problems sidelined Kerry Earnhardt (31st) while engine problems forced Casey Mears (40th) from the event. Brian Vickers (38th) parked his car after he was involved in an accident.
* Riggs is fifth in Busch Series points, 45 behind fourth place Scott Wimmer and 51 behind third place Jack Sprague. He is 68 points ahead of sixth place Mike McLaughlin and 198 in front of seventh place Kenny Wallace.
* Three Raybestos® Rookies have won at least one pole position this season: Hmiel (2), Riggs (2), and Sauter (1).
* With his win in the Tropicana Twister 300 at Chicagoland Speedway, Sauter became the first of the Sauter brothers (Jay and Tim) to win a NASCAR Busch Series race.
* Entering the Bristol event, four Raybestos® Rookies have started all 24 Busch Series races this season: Riggs, Hmiel, Mears, and Earnhardt.
* Scott Wimmer was the Raybestos® Rookie of the Race in the 2001 South Carolina 200. Wimmer finished 12th and was the only rookie to finish on the lead lap. The Darlington event was the second consecutive event where Wimmer was top finishing rookie and the second race where he was the only rookie to finish on the lead lap.
* Four Raybestos® Rookies started the event and three were running at the finish of the race: Wimmer, Greg Biffle (15th), and Jamie McMurray (23rd). Larry Foyt (39th) was sidelined by an accident after just 18 laps of the 147 lap event.
* No Raybestos® Rookie led a lap in last year's South Carolina 200. In fact, no first year driver led a lap in either Busch Series race at the historic South Carolina speedway.
* Jamie McMurray was the highest qualifying Raybestos® Rookie at Darlington, grabbing the 12th starting position.
<pre> RAYBESTOS ROOKIE CONTENDER POINT STANDINGS
DRIVER POINTS Scott Riggs 277 Johnny Sauter 214 Shane Hmiel 195 Kerry Earnhardt 175 Casey Mears 169 Brian Vickers 99 Kasey Kahne 96 Dan Pardus 64
HIGHEST FINISHING RAYBESTOS ROOKIE BY RACE
EVENT HIGHEST FINISHING ROOKIE EAS/GNC Live Well 300 Shane Hmiel, fifth 1-866-RBCTerm.com 200 Scott Riggs, fourth Sam's Town 300 Johnny Sauter, third DarlingtonRaceway.com 200 Johnny Sauter, 11th Channellock 250 Scott Riggs, ninth O'Reilly 300 Scott Riggs, fourth Pepsi 300 Scott Riggs, first Aaron's 312 Casey Mears, fifth Auto Club 300 Scott Riggs, first Hardee's 250 Brian Vickers, seventh Busch 200 Shane Hmiel, fourth Stacker 2 200 Scott Riggs, second CARQUEST Auto Parts 300 Scott Riggs, third MBNA 200 Scott Riggs, 11th Inside Traxx 300 Shane Hmiel, ninth Kroger 300 Scott Riggs, fourth GNC Live Well 250 Shane Hmiel, sixth Stacker 2/GNC Live Well 250 Johnny Sauter, sixth Tropicana Twister 300 Johnny Sauter, first Charter Pipeline 250 Johnny Sauter, 11th NetZero 250 Scott Riggs, 16th Kroger 200 Johnny Sauter, fourth Cabela's 250 Scott Riggs, sixth Food City 250 Scott Riggs, 18th