Jason Keller Notes: Â· Keller, a Greenville, S.C., native, is looking for his first victory at Darlington Raceway. In 18 starts at Darlington, Keller's best finish is third. Â· Keller's first trip to Darlington came as a spectator in...
Jason Keller Notes:
· Keller, a Greenville, S.C., native, is looking for his first victory at Darlington Raceway. In 18 starts at Darlington, Keller's best finish is third.
· Keller's first trip to Darlington came as a spectator in 1985 at the age of 15 with his father Joe. The two were on their way to a go-kart race near the track when Keller's race was cancelled. They took a detour to the infield of Darlington Raceway and watched Bill Elliott win $1 million.
· The Albertsons team determined after last week's race in Bristol, that a seal split on the right front shock of the No. 57 deeming the shock useless. Keller battled the car all day to finish ninth.
· Keller has five consecutive starts in the top five heading to Darlington, including two poles. Keller averaged a 13th-place qualifying effort last year, compared to a sixth-place effort this season.
· Keller remains in the heat of the championship battle, 78 points behind Greg Biffle.
Jason Keller Quotes:
In Love With The Lady In Black... Keller may be one of the few drivers that look forward to each and every race at Darlington Raceway. He has three consecutive top-10 finishes at the track and is looking for his first career win.
"I have looked forward to going back to Darlington since I left in the spring," said Keller. "You would think I've won there before. Being a South Carolina native, Darlington will always hold a special place in my heart. A victory at Darlington would mean more to me than winning at Daytona.
"I'm going into this race with such on open mind that I can't wait to see what we can do. The Albertsons team has been so consistent at this track in the past few races that I know we can contend for the win. I know the track is tough, I know the track is slick and I know it's tough to find grip. I just love the challenge of it all."
The Albertsons Ford:
Keller will be driving the Albertson's Ford that captured the team's first 2002 victory at Rockingham and finished fourth at Darlington in the spring.