No. 41 TEAM FACTS: * Chassis: The Discount Tire team will race chassis ...
No. 41 TEAM FACTS:
* Chassis: The Discount Tire team will race chassis #555 in Charlotte this weekend. This is the same car that finished sixth at Las Vegas and third at Texas. This is also the same car that the Discount Tire crew took to Lowe's Motor Speedway earlier this month to test in preparation for this weekend's race.
* Sign at the dotted line: Sorenson will be signing autographs at the race shop this Wednesday from 1 to 3 p.m. at the gift shop. Also catch Sorenson at Concord Mills Mall on Thursday from 1 to 3 p.m. in front of his Discount Tire show car.
* Busch Series Points Standings: Sorenson is currently third in the Busch Series points standings. He is 271 points out of first place, but only 91 points out of the second spot.
* Rookie of the Year: Sorenson currently sits second in the rookie of the year race, just 36 points behind leader Carl Edwards. The rookie points are determined by the top-16 finishes during the season.
* Did You Know?: In 11 starts this season, Sorenson has been the highest finishing rookie six times. He has also led more miles than any other rookie in the Busch Series. He has led five times in two races for a total of 304.60 miles (225 laps).
Reed Sorenson Quotes:
"After testing at Lowe's earlier this month we are really looking forward to the race this weekend. We had some bad luck these past few weeks getting caught up in other people's problems. Hopefully this weekend we can get back out there and have a solid top-10 finish. The Discount Tire crew has been working hard and we're all looking forward to getting the car back in contention to win races."