BILL ELLIOTT RETURNS TO BUSCH SERIES WITH BRAUN RACING UNDER THE LIGHTS OF LOWE'S MOTOR SPEEDWAY * Bill Elliott returns to the NASCAR Busch Series behind the wheel of the No. 32 SEYMOUR Paint Toyota Camry for his first race with Braun Racing...
BILL ELLIOTT RETURNS TO BUSCH SERIES WITH BRAUN RACING UNDER THE LIGHTS OF LOWE'S MOTOR SPEEDWAY
* Bill Elliott returns to the NASCAR Busch Series behind the wheel of the No. 32 SEYMOUR Paint Toyota Camry for his first race with Braun Racing and his first series start since October 2005 at Memphis Motorsports Park.
* The CARQUEST Auto Parts 300 marks the 24th anniversary of Elliott's first Busch Series race. On May 28, 1983, Elliott started fifth and finished third in the #17 Pepsi Challenger Pontiac at Charlotte in the Mello Yello 300.
* Elliott has logged 19,656 laps (out of a possible 22,427) at Lowe's Motor Speedway in a combined 67 starts - 12 in NBS competition and 55 in Nextel Cup competition.
* Busch Series Highlights -- In 12 Busch Series starts, Elliott has three top-fives and seven top-10's.
* Nextel Cup Highlights - In 55 NNCS starts, Elliott has posted two wins (1984, 1987), four poles, 11 top-5's and 22 top-10's.
BRAUN RACING WELCOMES NEW SPONSOR, SEYMOUR PAINT, TO THE TEAM
SEYMOUR is based in Sycamore, Illinois, about 50 miles west of Chicago. The race at Lowe's Motor Speedway marks SEYMOUR Paint's debut in NASCAR competition.
ELLIOTT GUIDING HIS SONS IN THEIR RACING EFFORTS
Since stepping back from full-time competition after the 2004 season, Elliott has devoted much of his efforts to Bill Elliott Racing and developing the racing careers of his son Chase (age 11) and nephew Trey Poole (18). Chase drives the No. 9 ABF Bandolero and Trey the No. 91 Aaron's Lease & Ownership Legends Car. Both will compete in the Thursday Thunder Series at Atlanta Motor Speedway this summer and in select events in the Summer Shootout Series at Lowe's Motor Speedway.
The Braun Racing Seymour Paint team tested at Lowe's Motor Speedway May 14-15 in preparation for the CARQUEST Auto Parts 300, allowing Elliott and the team, led by Brian Shaffer, to open the lines of communication and build a solid foundation for the Saturday night event.
ELLIOTT ON RETURNING TO THE BUSCH SERIES AT LOWE'S MOTOR SPEEDWAY:
"It's been a few years since I've raced in the Busch Series, but I'm looking forward to driving the Seymour Paint Toyota for Braun Racing. We tested at Lowe's last week, and it took a few laps for me to shake the rust off. But it was great for us to open up communication and get a feel for how things will be during the race this weekend. Lowe's has been a solid track for me over the years, and Braun Racing brings cars capable of winning every weekend. I would love to take Seymour Paint to Victory Lane in their first NASCAR race. I appreciate Braun Racing and Seymour Paint bringing me onboard for this program, and hopefully we'll put on a good show for the fans."
-credit: braun racing