Scott Riggs Quotes: "I can't wait to get back behind the wheel in a Busch race, especially at Bristol. I am thankful that Lawry's and Evernham Motorsports have allowed me to be a part of the Ultimate Chargers program. Trip (Bruce) and those guys...
Scott Riggs Quotes:
"I can't wait to get back behind the wheel in a Busch race, especially at Bristol. I am thankful that Lawry's and Evernham Motorsports have allowed me to be a part of the Ultimate Chargers program. Trip (Bruce) and those guys on the No. 9 team have really been on the ball these last few weeks and I don't think I have stepped into a Busch car that was this successful since my days in the No. 10 Busch car."
Trip Bruce Quotes:
"Scott has had some awesome races at Bristol and we can't wait to have him behind the wheel of the No. 9 Lawry's Dodge. I also think this will help him out in his cup car on Sunday and vice versa. Rodney (Childers) and I were just looking at our setups on the computer and these cars are almost identical. If Scott likes one, he should like the other. Kasey (Kahne) ran second with this same chassis at Bristol last year. He and Ryan Newman were a step above the rest of the field and our goal is to run that way again with Scott. This will also help out the No. 10 pit crew on the cup side because the No. 9 guys have had the benefit of the Busch race as a warm up and now the No. 10 crew will get the same opportunity. Bristol has a very tight pit road and things happen fast so if they can have a couple of good stops and get pumped up, then they will go into Sunday's race ahead of the rest of the field."
* Saturday's race mark's Riggs's first Busch Series start since last March. His last Busch race at Bristol Motor Speedway came in August 2003 when Riggs started seventh and finished ninth.
* In four NASCAR Busch Series races at Bristol, Riggs has compiled one pole award, two top 10s, led 58 laps and earned $100,215.
* In the last three races the No. 9 team has scored one pole, one win and two second-place finishes.
* Riggs's No. 10 Valvoline/Stanley Tools Nextel Cup team will serve as the over-the-wall crew for the No. 9 Lawry's/Ultimate Chargers Dodge Charger this weekend in Bristol.
* The No. 9 Ultimate Chargers team has climbed from 40th to fifth in Busch Series owner's points in the last four races.
* In four NBS starts at Bristol, Riggs has never qualified outside of the top 10.