Reed Sorenson, No. 41 Home123 Dodge No. 41 TEAM FACTS: * Setting the Standard: Rookie Reed Sorenson scored his first Busch Series victory in 11 career starts at Nashville Superspeedway last weekend. He took the checkered flag by 14.417...
Reed Sorenson, No. 41 Home123 Dodge
No. 41 TEAM FACTS:
* Setting the Standard: Rookie Reed Sorenson scored his first Busch Series victory in 11 career starts at Nashville Superspeedway last weekend. He took the checkered flag by 14.417 seconds over Kenny Wallace. Sorenson's margin of victory is the largest ever by a Raybestos® Rookie driver in the Busch Series.
* Chassis: The Discount Tire team will race chassis #451 in Bristol this weekend. This will be the first weekend that Sorenson will race this chassis but it is the same chassis that the team took to test at Bristol last week.
* Busch Series Points Standings: Following last week's win, Sorenson is currently in the second spot in the Busch Series championship points standings, just 95 points out of first place.
* New Colors: This weekend the No. 41 Dodge will sport blue and white colors as part of the five race special paint scheme for Home123. This will be the first weekend that Sorenson will be piloting the No. 41 Home123 Dodge. Home123 is headquartered in Irvine, Calif. and is a subsidiary of New Century Financial Corporation, a publicly traded company (NYSE: NEW).
* Testing Fever: After winning his first Busch Series race this past weekend Sorenson and the Discount Tire crew packed up and headed to Phoenix International Raceway to test the No. 41 Dodge before heading to Bristol Motor Speedway this weekend.
* Rookie of the Year: Sorenson currently sits second to Carl Edwards in the rookie of the year race. The rookie points are determined by the top 16 finishes during the season. Therefore, Sorenson is still in the hunt for the Rookie of the Year award.
* Did You Know?: Sorenson is the third Raybestos® Rookie to score his first Busch Series victory at Nashville's Pepsi 300, joining Greg Biffle (2001) and Scott Riggs (2002).
REED SORENSON QUOTES
"I am really excited this week going into Bristol. The Discount Tire crew worked really hard last week and it paid off. It's nice to know going into qualifying that we are secured a spot because of the points standings. We tested Bristol a few weeks ago and we were really fast. I definitely feel more confident after the win, but we have to go back racing and aim for the top-five finishes."