CLINT BOWYER Destined to Finish in the Top-Five at Bristol Motor Speedway HUNTERSVILLE, N.C., (March 21, 2006) -- The No. 2 ACDelco race team heads to Bristol Motor Speedway this Saturday, March 25 for the running of the Sharpie Mini 300.
Destined to Finish in the Top-Five at Bristol Motor Speedway
HUNTERSVILLE, N.C., (March 21, 2006) -- The No. 2 ACDelco race team heads to Bristol Motor Speedway this Saturday, March 25 for the running of the Sharpie Mini 300. Driver, Clint Bowyer is excited about the race because he knows the history of the chassis he is driving and hopes to pilot it to victory lane.
Chassis No. 19 has never seen the view outside of the top-four in all of the races Bowyer has driven it. The first race for the duo was last season at Indianapolis Raceway Park where they qualified eighth and finished second. Bristol Motor Speedway's August night race was the second start for Bowyer and his favorite car, where they started 14th and came home in fourth. The team made another attempt with No. 19 at Dover Downs and came home second in September. Memphis brought them their second win of the 2005 season and Bowyer was driving good old No. 19. Three weeks after the win, the ACDelco team brought the race car to the west coast and sailed to another second place finish at Phoenix International Raceway.
You can find the ACDelco Real Car Guys and chassis No. 19 at their new address...Victory Lane, this Saturday after the running of the Sharpie Mini 300 NASCAR Busch Series race.
Points of Interest...
* What Ya' Haulin'...The Real Car Guys will take chassis No. 19 to Bristol Motor Speedway this weekend. They ran this chassis at five races during the 2005 season. It finished in the top-four at each event by bringing home one win at Memphis Motorsports Park, three second place finishes at Indianapolis Raceway Park, Dover Downs and Phoenix International Raceway and one fourth place finish at Bristol Motor Speedway.
* Track Stat...Bowyer has raced two times at Bristol Motor Speedway in the No. 2 ACDelco Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS. He started third and finished 14th in chassis No. 43 during the April 2005 event and raced chassis No. 19 to a fourth place finish after starting 13th in the August 2005 night race at Bristol Motor Speedway.
* Points Chase...Bowyer gained one position in the NASCAR Busch Series points chase after his finish at Atlanta Motor Speedway and is now in the fourth spot. He is currently 108 points behind his teammate and points leader, Kevin Harvick.
* Start Time...Saturday's Sharpie Mini 300 is scheduled for 3:10 p.m. Eastern Standard Time (EST). Live television coverage of the 300-lap event will begin on FOX at 3 p.m. EST, with live radio coverage beginning at 3 p.m. EST on your local PRN radio affiliate and XM Satellite Radio -- channel 144. Qualifying will be broadcast live Saturday, March 25 at noon EST on SPEED. Remember times and dates of the race may change so check your local listings.
* Double Duty...ACDelco driver, Clint Bowyer will be competing in the NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series for Richard Childress Racing in the No. 07 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS for the fifth time this season. He is currently tenth in the Cup Series point standings and 219 points out of the lead.
* Coming Home...ACDelco shock specialist, Michael Hodges is from Abingdon, Va., which is only about twenty miles from Bristol Motor Speedway. He currently resides in Winston-Salem, N.C. and works full-time at Richard Childress Racing as the shock specialist for both NASCAR Busch Series race teams.
No. 2 ACDelco driver Clint Bowyer on Bristol Motor Speedway...
What do you think about Bristol Motor Speedway?
"It's the racetrack of all racetracks. It's the racetrack that a driver like myself would love to win at. Daytona is of course the race you always want to win, but I'd put Bristol right behind it. When you pack 180,000 people in one place there's a lot of excitement in the air and it's a lot of fun."
How high is your confidence level entering this weekend's race at Bristol, knowing that you are taking a car (No. 19) that has never finished outside of the top-four?
"I have a lot of confidence in that car. It has run well in the past and I'm looking forward to seeing how it runs with the new front and rear package."
In one word, describe chassis No. 19.