No. 41 TEAM FACTS: * Chassis: The Discount Tire team will race chassis ...
No. 41 TEAM FACTS:
* Chassis: The Discount Tire team will race chassis #452 in Atlanta this weekend. The car is the same one that Sorenson led 49 laps in at Atlanta last fall. The hometown hero will be raing this chassis for the first time this season.
* Rookie of the Year: Sorenson currently sits second to Carl Edwards in the rookie of the year race. Sorenson is just three points out of first.
Sorenson was the Raybestos® Rookie of the Race in the Sam's Town 300 at Las Vegas Motor Speedway. Sorenson finished sixth, his sixth top-10 finish in nine career starts. He posted his third top 10 of the 2005 season and took top rookie honors for the third time in four races this season. Sorenson became the first Raybestos® Rookie to score a top-10 finish at Las Vegas since Scott Riggs finished fourth in 2002.
* Busch Series Points Standings: Following last week's sixth-place finish, Sorenson moved up a spot to fourth in the Busch Series championship points standings, just 126 points out of first place.
* Discount Tire Appearance: Sorenson will be at Arbor Place Mall in Douglasville on Thursday evening starting at 6:00 p.m.
* Speedway Children's Charities: Sorenson will be participating in the Atlanta chapter of Speedway Children's Charities' annual fundraising reception on Thursday night. Sorenson will be making a quick appearance at 8:15 p.m.
* Tire Dimension Fast Facts: Rim Width: The width between the flanges of the wheel (the part the bead of the tire touches). Section Width: The linear distance between the outside of the sidewalls of an inflated tire without any load on it (this does not include any sidewall decorations). Section Height: This is also known as the Aspect Ratio. This is figured on a percentage of the section width. A tire size of 205/60R15 would have a section width of 205 millimeters and a section height of 60 percent of 205 millimeters.
REED SORENSON QUOTES:
You are going back to your hometown of Atlanta. What are your thoughts?
"We're going to have a lot of hometown fans there, so you always want to do good in front of them. We were fast there last year so that was pretty cool to be fast at your hometown track. Hopefully we'll be good again. I've got family there, and my friends are going to be there, and you don't want to do bad in front of them. We're taking that same car, so we should be pretty good. I was kind of surprised at how well we ran there last year, but we tested the track and had a really good car. We are hoping to lead laps again and pull the Discount Tire Dodge into victory lane this weekend."