* Kerry Earnhardt was the RaybestosÂ® Rookie of the Race in the Sam's Town 250 at Memphis Motorsports Park. He started 19th but finished fifth, his second top-five this season (and his second in the last three races). Earnhardt was the only first...
* Kerry Earnhardt was the Raybestos® Rookie of the Race in the Sam's Town 250 at Memphis Motorsports Park. He started 19th but finished fifth, his second top-five this season (and his second in the last three races). Earnhardt was the only first year driver to finish in the top-10.
* Three other Raybestos® Rookies finished on the lead lap at Memphis: Shane Hmiel (11th), Brian Vickers (13th), and Johnny Sauter (14th). The other two members of the class, Casey Mears (23rd) and Scott Riggs (36th) were both running at the finish of the event.
* No Raybestos® Rookie led a lap at Memphis.
* Sauter was the highest qualifying Raybestos® Rookie at Memphis, taking the second starting position. Hmiel also had a good qualifying run, earning the fourth starting position. They were the only Raybestos® Rookies that started inside the top-10.
* Riggs maintains a commanding lead in the Raybestos® Rookie standings. He leads Johnny Sauter by 62 points (282-220) entering the Aaron's 312 at Atlanta Motor Speedway.
* Riggs has led more miles than any other Raybestos® Rookie this season. In 30 starts, he has led 18 times in 11 races for 539.03 miles.
* Riggs is eighth in Busch Series points, 23 behind seventh place Jamie McMurray and 73 behind sixth place Kenny Wallace. Riggs is five points ahead of ninth place Bobby Hamilton Jr. and holds a 121 point advantage over tenth place Randy LaJoie.
* Current Winston Cup Raybestos® Rookie Ryan Newman holds the Busch Series qualifying record at Atlanta Motor Speedway. Newman won the pole for the 2001 Aaron's 312 with a lap of 191.661 mph (28.926 seconds). Newman was involved in an accident in the race and was credited with 32nd in the final finishing order.
* Greg Biffle was the Raybestos® Rookie of the Race in the 2001 Aaron's 312 at Atlanta. He finished second, 10.647 seconds behind race winner Joe Nemechek. Biffle was the only first year driver to finish on the lead lap.
* Biffle was also the only Raybestos® Rookie to lead at least one lap at Atlanta. He held the top spot once for 38 laps.
* Scott Wimmer was the highest qualifying Raybestos® Rookie at Atlanta, grabbing the fourth starting position. He edged Biffle, who started fifth, for the honor.
* Seven Raybestos® Rookies started the race at Atlanta and five were running at the finish of the race: Biffle, Wimmer (14th), Larry Foyt (22nd), Jamie McMurray (24th), and Christian Elder (26th). Accidents sidelined Marty Houston (33rd) and Tim Sauter (34th).
* Three Raybestos® Rookies have won at least one pole position this season: Hmiel (2), Riggs (2), and Sauter (1).
* With his win in the Tropicana Twister 300 at Chicagoland Speedway, Johnny Sauter became the first of the Sauter brothers (Jay and Tim) to win a NASCAR Busch Series race.
* Entering the Atlanta event, four Raybestos® Rookies have started all 30 Busch Series races this season: Riggs, Hmiel, Mears, and Earnhardt.
RAYBESTOS ROOKIE CONTENDER POINT STANDINGS
DRIVER POINTS Scott Riggs 282 Johnny Sauter 220 Shane Hmiel 214 Kerry Earnhardt 205 Casey Mears 181 Brian Vickers 141 Kasey Kahne 138 Dan Pardus 81
HIGHEST FINISHING RAYBESTOS ROOKIE BY RACE
EVENT HIGHEST FINISHING ROOKIE EAS/GNC Live Well 300 Shane Hmiel, fifth 1-866-RBCTerm.com 200 Scott Riggs, fourth Sam's Town 300 Johnny Sauter, third DarlingtonRaceway.com 200 Johnny Sauter, 11th Channellock 250 Scott Riggs, ninth O'Reilly 300 Scott Riggs, fourth Pepsi 300 Scott Riggs, first Aaron's 312 Casey Mears, fifth Auto Club 300 Scott Riggs, first Hardee's 250 Brian Vickers, seventh Busch 200 Shane Hmiel, fourth Stacker 2 200 Scott Riggs, second CARQUEST Auto Parts 300 Scott Riggs, third MBNA 200 Scott Riggs, 11th Inside Traxx 300 Shane Hmiel, ninth Kroger 300 Scott Riggs, fourth GNC Live Well 250 Shane Hmiel, sixth Stacker 2/GNC Live Well 250 Johnny Sauter, sixth Tropicana Twister 300 Johnny Sauter, first Charter Pipeline 250 Johnny Sauter, 11th NetZero 250 Scott Riggs, 16th Kroger 200 Johnny Sauter, fourth Cabela's 250 Scott Riggs, sixth Food City 250 Scott Riggs, 18th Gatorade 200 Scott Riggs, 10th FUNAI 250 Kasey Kahne, 15th MBNA All-American Heroes 200 Shane Hmiel, 10th Mr. Goodcents 300 Kerry Earnhardt, second Little Trees 300 Shane Hmiel, 10th Sam's Town 250 Kerry Earnhardt, fifth